New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Matt_Black

I think part of the reason we've got the '17 date is because Disney wants this to be close to Avatar 2. Currently, it's listed as 2016, but Cameron has been known to take his sweet time with directing. Remember, it was 12 years between Titanic and Avatar.

IowaHawks7

So are both the nighttime entertainment and the Avatar expansion going to take til 2017? That's the only thing I'm confused about. If they will both open in 2017 or if the nighttime entertainment will come sooner. Otherwise I'm stoked for this

IowaHawks7

I just had this idea doubt it will happen. If They were to coincide the opening of the movie and the theme park expansion.. There isn't a way where the premiere would be at AK? Right? I mean unless they wanted you to see the movie first on Pandora

MKCP 1985

Great news! 2017 makes me shake my head, especially when @wdwmagic tells us Disney has had the ability to make Kilimanjaro Safaris a night attraction for over a decade.

There is a part of me that wants the head person in charge of the Disney Animal Kingdom park to wear a "kick me" sign until they get everything done. This park has been so poorly run in comparison to the other parks for the past several years, but today is a day to focus on the hope for positive improvements.

Congrats Animal Kingdom park! I can't wait to see all these changes and will look forward to 2017. Until then, I will continue to visit Universal parks on the 4th day of my Disney vacations!

Rob562

That piece of concept art where they all the guests are wearing weird glasses. I presume that is holo-vision from the year 2025 right?

My presumption is that they're a new generation of "Glow with the Show" that light up in sync with the nighttime entertainment.

-Rob

NowInc

Great news! 2017 makes me shake my head, especially when @wdwmagic tells us Disney has had the ability to make Kilimanjaro Safaris a night attraction for over a decade.

There is a part of me that wants the head person in charge of the Disney Animal Kingdom park to wear a "kick me" sign until they get everything done. This park has been so poorly run in comparison to the other parks for the past several years, but today is a day to focus on the hope for positive improvements.

Congrats Animal Kingdom park! I can't wait to see all these changes and will look forward to 2017. Until then, I will continue to visit Universal parks on the 4th day of my Disney vacations!

I think part of the issue is that, yes...it could have been done at night, but the park didn't have enough things to justify keeping it open late. Some of the park involves performers, so they may not have wanted to have nighttime showings of lion king or nemo. After the sun goes down, people would be all clumped into the few things that are still open. Adding more things will help disperse these crowds, and It seems like they are starting to do that. Its a start at least.

LucyK

I'm pleased with this. Hopefully they'll put an emphasis on animals like lions and cheetahs that are typically sleeping during the day.
That would be really cool! It's such a bore to see the lions always on the same position day in and day out, maybe at night they'll be more active.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom