New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

jensenrick

So is the nighttime safari and nighttime show coming in 2017? I guess I kinda understand the show coming them, but how long can it take to make a nighttime safari? That sucks..
But still very excited for both of these things

I didn't see anything in the link at the beginning of the thread that would indicate that the nighttime entertainment or safari are waiting until 2017. I think people are, understandably, confusing this with the Avatar announcement. However there is no actual date given, so who knows?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Avatarland I can understand taking until 2017 (lots of work blah blah...I can accept that..not happily tho)....but...4 years to make the safari night worthy and to add some entertainment? I HOPE they can at least get the nighttime additions done before avatar (2015ish) and then let avatar take until 2017..space it out..

AK is amazing at night..truly. I am happy that a lot more people will be able to experience it. Just wish it would happen sooner.
My guess is you are probably right, it will likely be phased in like FLE. I could see the show starting a little before Avatar opens but maybe not as soon as 2015. I would think the show and night safaris would happen around the same time.

afar28

I didn't see anything in the link at the beginning of the thread that would indicate that the nighttime entertainment or safari are waiting until 2017. I think people are, understandably, confusing this with the Avatar announcement. However there is no actual date given, so who knows?
Gotcha, people earlier in the thread were speaking about a 2017 open and I was extremely confused on that since it does not seem like it would take 3 years for those things.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Gotcha, people earlier in the thread were speaking about a 2017 open and I was extremely confused on that since it does not seem like it would take 3 years for those things.

It wouldn't take 3 years to have the show or night safari ready. The question is will they delay until closer to Avland opening? They could have had a night parade or show and/or night safaris since the park opened. The general consensus was that the reason they never did this was that there wasn't enough to do at DAK to keep people there into the night. That won't change until several new rides open. They will also need some additional infrastructure like potential widening of paths, more lights around the park, more dinner options and maybe more parking.

BigThunderMatt

Dare I say if only they could construct things at Universal speed I'd be a lot happier...

This, right here. There's no excuse any more for construction time taking this long other than Disney being cheap and wanting to spread the construction budget out over multiple fiscal years. Don't give me any crap about quality takes time, because Universal is putting out a phenomenal $500M expansion to the Wizarding World in just about 2 years and it's taken Disney FIVE to phase open a sub-par expansion to Fantasyland.

LucyK

Can we please focus on the news at hand and not start the whole Disney X Universal one more time? We get it, Disney is slow as molasses when it comes to construction but there are a few threads about that already.

Anyway, I wonder how they will solve the viewing area problem. Will we have to say goodbye to FTB beautiful outdoor seating?

afar28

Speaking of construction, does anyone know around when the construction will start on these things? Hopefully soon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom