New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

doctornick

Isn't Mystic Manor too similar to the Haunted Mansion though? I know there are no ghosts in MM but isn't it their "version" of HM? We already have HM in MK.

It doesn't seem that similar to HM, but it is indeed Hong Kong's "version" of the HM. That is why putting Mystic Manor in the MK -- which probably has its best fit in Adventureland -- doesn't make much sense. But I don't see why having the ride in DAK would be any sort of problem, since they would be no where near each other and be themed quite differently.

FerretAfros

speaking of nighttime spectaculars.. I do not think they would use fireworks.. would they? I mean.. they could scare the animals they house.. specially the ones around the tree of life.
Correct, they will most likely not use fireworks. When there are runDisney races at DAK, instead of the usual fireworks at the beginning (which are a great touch, but rather modest fireworks by Disney standards), they use fire extinguisher-like smoke for the start of each wave. The start lines are in the parking lot, so if they're not using fireworks there, I'd be pretty surprised if they used them in the parks

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin, do you know if there will be a new parade in the future? I know nothing is impending with MJJ leaving, but I was hoping they mich have a new one to debut during the day when the night time show starts.
All I know is Rivers of Light, as proposed for a parade, was axed due to massive infrastructure investment that was needed to properly accommodate a parade in a park not designed for one.

Fox&Hound

Isn't Mystic Manor too similar to the Haunted Mansion though? I know there are no ghosts in MM but isn't it their "version" of HM? We already have HM in MK.

I don't think it's any different than having POTC, It's a Small World, and Maelstrom-all boat rides- all very different. Just like HM, Ariel, and Nemo are all omimovers but all very different as well.

MM could be a great ride that would have large capacity and could be enjoyed by all ages. Even if there are parallels or comparions to HM, I can't think of a better ride to have comparisons to. I mean, AK really needs more rides and attractions and I'm afraid that Avatar will be a great step in the right direction but still won't solve the problem. Now, if you had MM, a few new c/d ticket rides, Avatar area, Tough to be a Bug, Everest, Dinosaur, Safari, Kali River Rapids, Nemo Show, Lion King show, and trails to explore, and night time shows- now you are getting somewhere. Just my opinion, but by adding avatar and three other rides (one large ride like a MM) and a few less expensive rides I feel like you could solve the AK problem of it being construed as a half day park.

I'm not picky. I'd take MM or an "UP' area themed to paradise falls. Or a Journey to the Center of the Earth. Or a Crush coaster. Or a a dragon experience/roller coaster with the Maleficient dragon. Or....a brand new ride themed to animals and adventures. =)

The night time show sounds wonderful. As does Avatar (I know most hate the idea). I just think they still need a few more rides and another restaurant or two to really help round out the park.

WDWDad13

I like the possibilities here... looking forward to seeing what they do, how they do it, and where people will be able to view it down the road

Cmdr_Crimson

Would be really nice, but we haven't seen any info on other possible attractions, so I would not count on it.

On that note, one of the things that many have said would be awesome to see in the US is Mystic Manor from Hong Kong. But part of the problem is that it doesn't thematically fit anywhere, except in Adeventureland. -- the park that needs such a ride the least. I was thinking that with some minor tweeking, they could put Mystic Manor in DAK where it would be a great addition as an emmersive ride that everyone can enjoy.

My thought: Put Mystic Manor in Asia -- ideally near/next to the Howler Monkey enclosure. The backstory to the ride now is that Henry Mystic was an explorer and adventurer and retired from that life to become a magistrate in Anandapur. The facade of the manor can be changed to have a more exclusive Indian feel to it. In his retirement, Mystic noticed a large number of Howler Monkeys in the area and fascinated by them, created a sanctuary for them on his property (hence, the point of having the enclosure right next to the attraction). The plot of the ride then shifts to a random mischievious monkey (or multiple ones?) getting into the house and opening the magical box and all that jazz.

If we want to have the house be in modern times (I'm unsure if Anandapur is supposed to be in the current time period or sometime in the past), it can be shifted to a descendant of Henry Mystic who has made the monkey sanctuary and opened up the house and its antiquities to tourists.

I think this, combined with Pandora and the night show, would really make DAK a full day experience and attract a lot of good publicity.

The Only way this would work for me is changing the Name of the Park to Disney's Adventure Kingdom..

Kman101

I can somewhat agree with that but Mystic Manor features a monkey, so it would fit with the theming of Animal Kingdom. Isn't the setting of Mystic Point basically an island setting? It could work great in Animal Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom