New night race coming?

LizaMarie89

I really hope they bring back a version of Tower of Terror - that was the one I wanted to run for my first Disney race for the longest time. But I'd really just love anything villain-centric (says this scaredy cat)

JillC LI

I really hope they bring back a version of Tower of Terror - that was the one I wanted to run for my first Disney race for the longest time. But I'd really just love anything villain-centric (says this scaredy cat)

I ran the TOT10K in 2009, and the on-course entertainment and characters was extremely limited. I enjoyed it but it wasn't overly villian-y.

surfsupdon

I ran the TOT10K in 2009, and the on-course entertainment and characters was extremely limited. I enjoyed it but it wasn't overly villian-y.
Yep, it was limited for that 10miler (not 10k). The original 13Ks had lots of entertainment ranging from Disney villains, to escaped mental patients roaming WWoS, even a type of scavenger hunt mystery puzzle as you ran. Those races, thematically, really were terrificly executed.

dreamfinder

Yep, it was limited for that 10miler (not 10k). The original 13Ks had lots of entertainment ranging from Disney villains, to escaped mental patients roaming WWoS, even a type of scavenger hunt mystery puzzle as you ran. Those races, thematically, really were terrificly executed.

Which is kinda funny as I seem to recall people complaining about the mental patients at the first race just being strange, and there not being enough "Disney" theming on course that year.

surfsupdon

Which is kinda funny as I seem to recall people complaining about the mental patients at the first race just being strange, and there not being enough "Disney" theming on course that year.
That was not me!! Although I heard it too. It was more a Twilight Zone theme, running into another dimension. As opposed to Disney and villains. And it had a 1920s-30s time period as well.

Loved it!

Figment82

I loved that mystery "whodunnit" themed year! To this day, my husband and I will still yell out "Vladimir...." as we drive pass that gravel road at WWoS.

As a huge fan of the Twilight Zone series and ToT attraction, I preferred that type of race entertainment to the villains, which felt completely shoehorned and awkward. They should have just changed the theme of the race if that's what the majority wanted (not me!).

JillC LI

Actually you just reminded me that it was the 13K I ran, not the 10 miler. And frankly I wasn't overly impressed with the on course entertainment. I found the scavenger hunt kinda lame. That said, I still enjoyed running at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom