New Muppet Ride?

I love the Muppets. I think they DO fit into the Disney dynamic. They have lovable characters, they have stories and humor that appeal to both children and adults. I'd definitely be in favor of another Muppets ride. I enjoy Muppetvision, though I think it needs an upgrade.

I also agree with what some posters on the other side are saying... I think there are movies that could have amazing rides. Aladdin coaster anyone??

GLaDOS

Saying DHS shouldn't get more Muppets is like saying you don't want a raise at work.

More Muppets is always a good thing. Too bad it'll never happen.

Magenta Panther

Saying DHS shouldn't get more Muppets is like saying you don't want a raise at work.

More Muppets is always a good thing. Too bad it'll never happen.

Ehhhh....I'd rather have a raise than Muppets, that's for sure! :D

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think that what Disney's Hollywood Studios needs is more DISNEY.

ProjectGemini

Original Poster
I think the best place for other franchises is in DHS, They don't work as well in any other park. (The exception being AVATAR in DAK, because I really like that fit)

RSoxNo1

I'd love to see more of the Muppets in wdw, but i wouldn't want to lose TGMR because of them. I'm not sure how trying to add more of them would work out, in that i'm not sure where else they could be placed in HS. :shrug:

The original concept of The Muppet Movie Ride was to be an additional ride, not a replacement ride.

muse1983

I would like to see the Muppet What Not Workshop finally have a place beside MV3D and maybe see a few more minor additions to the Muppet area that is already in place, I don't feel we will ever see a huge Muppet E ticket attraction unless The Muppets makes an insane amount of money...which unfortunately I wouldn't bet on.

GLaDOS

Ehhhh....I'd rather have a raise than Muppets, that's for sure! :D

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think that what Disney's Hollywood Studios needs is more DISNEY.

Muppets = Disney

And if you want more cartoon characters, they're ruining enough rides in the MK with them. Go there and enjoy them.

muse1983

Muppets = Disney

And if you want more cartoon characters, they're ruining enough rides in the MK with them. Go there and enjoy them.

Umm...which rides in MK have been ruined? Please don't go with the obvious Alien Encounter (which was never a great ride to begin with).

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It's absolutely mine.

I know I still have it somewhere, at least I hope I do, but when I was a pre-teen I used to write Disney a lot to ask for park maps, etc. (when they used to send such things out) and one very nice person I actually called one day sent me a document that now I think must have been a shareholder newsletter or something (at the time all I know is that it felt very insider). It detailed the rides and attractions coming to WDW in the next few years (and this was 90, 91). It talked about the rides Mr. Tracy was supposed to feature in, a bunch of other stuff, and, of course, the Muppet Movie Ride.

So I've known about this ride for a VERY long time, and it would really be a dream come true to finally see it. As we were talking about in a recent Muppets thread, the Muppets are the most perfect candidates for a dark ride, ever. They are already 3-dimensional, constructed objects. In most rides, they are trying to replicate 2-D animated characters, or real-life humans (which is why I think probably the best looking animatronics of late have been Pixar-related, as they are already 3-D).

So you have these characters that are already made of felt and cloth, they just need the inner animatronic guts to make them life-like. Plus, they just really need moving limbs, head, basic mouth - the eyes don't need to move, which is often the big give-away of an animatronic's realism (at least for me).

Basically, they are already puppets - they just need them electronically controlled instead of human, and we'd see Muppets just like we know and love "alive".

I'd give up any NextGen stuff for that, let me tell ya...It would be magnificent.

This sounds awesome. I'd also be up for just attending the muppet show (like I was a guest in a theatre for the TV show). For special guests, they could have performers from other shows on property. They could even have multiple show scripts for re-watchability.

Magenta Panther

Muppets = Disney

"Ruining"? Oh come now.

At least those "cartoon characters" didn't falter so badly they had to be sold off to another company - TWICE. :lol:

And IMO, Muppets will never be = to anything created or adapted by Disney. I feel the same way about Spiderman. Your mileage may vary :shrug:

NMBC1993

I'm really torn on this topic. I do feel that all types of different of offerings should be included in the parks but I think the problem is everyone has there own opinion of what would be a great addition to the parks. For example I want to see a Phineas and Ferb land replace the Backlot Area because to me, that show is one of the last quality animated shows out there. But there are a lot of people who disagree and say that a Disney Channel show doesn't have lasting power. I feel the same way about the Muppets where yeah, they had their time and were loved by millions but time moves on. Just like the plot of the new movie, kids don't really know much about the Muppets but they could tell you who Spongebob is. I remember reading an article on the site which said even Jim was having trouble keeping the Muppets afloat before he died, it's even harder to do when characters haven't been seen for years. But if Disney can do something creative with the Muppets, I'm not opposed to it.

FigmentJedi

I'm really torn on this topic. I do feel that all types of different of offerings should be included in the parks but I think the problem is everyone has there own opinion of what would be a great addition to the parks. For example I want to see a Phineas and Ferb land replace the Backlot Area because to me, that show is one of the last quality animated shows out there.
A full land would be overdoing it. Would love a Phineas and Ferb attraction though.

Magenta Panther

A full land would be overdoing it. Would love a Phineas and Ferb attraction though.

And so would I.

And there's a difference between "spewing hate" and expressing opinions. I respect Jim Henson's accomplishments. But I admire Walt Disney's more. Let's just leave it there. :wave:

NMBC1993

While you are right, there's no harm in dreaming right? I always imagined a re-creation of the roller coaster from the pilot episode with on board audio playing the roller coaster song. Also, have a 3D show that has 5 randomly selected films with different effects so that way it's a new experience every time. On top of that add in a Slushy Burger QS and a Chez Platypus TS location and you've got a land...I'm just saying:wave:

mm52200

Magenta Panther, I think you've gotten your point across that you don't like the Muppets...that's fine really. But a lot of people do like the Muppets, so this is a thread for people that would like to see a new Muppets attraction. We all have our own opinions which is great, but there's no need in responding to every post basically saying you don't like the Muppets...we get it.

Magenta Panther

Magenta Panther, I think you've gotten your point across that you don't like the Muppets...that's fine really. But a lot of people do like the Muppets, so this is a thread for people that would like to see a new Muppets attraction. We all have our own opinions which is great, but there's no need in responding to every post basically saying you don't like the Muppets...we get it.

Actually, I think you don't. :ROFLOL: But whatever. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom