New "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" T-Shirt

DinoInstitute

I wonder if they are going to make more of these...I hope so.

I remember not that long ago there were shirts that were old attraction posters for the WDW monorail and Matterhorn, and were available for about a week

Cmdr_Crimson

Gullywhumper

Very nice! The shirt is simple, but it has a nice quality to it. I hope it isn't one of those shirts where the text peels off of the shirt over time.

Goofyernmost

Look closer, the imprint is already worn off and it is brand new. $25.00 for a shirt that will probably, at best, last about 4 washings before you have a plain grey shirt. I'll pass!

Gullywhumper

Look closer, the imprint is already worn off and it is brand new. $25.00 for a shirt that will probably, at best, last about 4 washings before you have a plain grey shirt. I'll pass!
Your right! It could also be that they want it to look "classic", but that probably isn't the case.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I wonder if they are going to make more of these...I hope so.

I remember not that long ago there were shirts that were old attraction posters for the WDW monorail and Matterhorn, and were available for about a week
They have been doing "Special" shirts every week for about 2 months now on the Disney Store website. I have ordered a few different ones already. I got Country Bear Jamboree, Maelstrom, etc. Last week wasMary Poppins 50th Anniversary. Also I know they had Its a Small World ride about a month ago. Subscribe to their emails for the store and they send them out every week saying which shirt is offered for the week. I think they have had about. 6-8 of them so far. :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I have two Mickey Mouse ringer t shirts that look as if the imprint is worn off. It's the retro look and the imprint has been fine for years.
I agree I have a few Disney shirts like this and have held up for years. As long as you take care of it and not just wash it With anything and everything then it should be fine. Always wash shirts like these inside out and follow instructions on the tag. This would never deter me from buying one. Hey that's more for the rest us to buy! Haha :)

Bairstow

No, the transfer just has a faux "vintage" design.
It's supposed to look like that.
The printing will last just as long as any other shirt they sell.

P1010041.jpg

Kev1417

about 5 years ago they had a really cool looking Mr. Toad yellow shirt. can't find a picture of it, but it was so much better than this graphic one in my opinion. They sold it at the Philharmagic store for some reason. Didn't see it anywhere else.

WDWResort

This shirt was an instabuy. I've been fortunate enough to land most of these limited time poster attraction tees. Only one I missed out on was the Tiki Room. I cannot wait to get my Maelstrom tee. Hopefully it ships and arrives before my next trip so I can pay my respects whilst wearing the tee.

Disney mostly uses those Hanes Beefy shirts, which I despise.

In the description of the tee on the site it says if it's a Beefy-T or Nano-T. This one is a Nano-T, just like the Carousel of Progress tee.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I have two Mickey Mouse ringer t shirts that look as if the imprint is worn off. It's the retro look and the imprint has been fine for years.
Yea, I guess that is a possibility. It's not the first thing I recognize it as because, frankly if I wanted a shirt that looks like it's worn out it might appeal to me. All the worn looking clothes I ever might need I can find at Salvation Army Thrift Stores for 50 cents. Just doesn't appeal to me at all. But that's just me!

Goofyernmost

No, the transfer just has a faux "vintage" design.
It's supposed to look like that.
The printing will last just as long as any other shirt they sell.

P1010041.jpg
Not to be snotty (alright, maybe just a little), even the non-retro ones take hardly any time at all to look like that when I have purchased them directly from Disney. To rub salt into the wound, the Disney T's that I have purchased at Walmart for $12.00 (+-) have worn like steel. So if Walmarting Disney helps improve quality, I say... bring it on!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom