New Monorail Resort Dining Experience Announced

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
According to another site, Disney already is cutting back on this experience. Evidently, they served their guest champagne in glass flutes and people could sit and relax. Now it's being served in a plastic to-go glass at the end of the bar in Citricos, I also heard the the 5 dessert options have been cut to 2. I wonder when the cheese will be replaced by cheese whiz.:confused:
What site?

Bandini

Or velveeta...
Maybe they should use the MK cabanas as the new exclusive dining venues at the monorail stops. That way, these "exclusive" guests don't take up space that is normally used for their ADR's. It's a win-win!
Also if they put the tents next to the lakes , the guests could be given the option of eating the velveeta or using it for fish bait.

Bandini

Here's a review from a poster on the site posted on Weds:
Just a quick report on our Dine Around dinner last night. We checked in before 445 at the Wave, about half the group was already there. We were put in a smallish seating area where they served us the first drink and a (tiny) cup of good butternut squash soup. The chef came out to introduce the soup.

Let me say that the first appetizers were small- one bite small. Prepare yourself for that but know that the main course at Citricos is a regular dinner size, and makes up for hunger to that point.

After about half hour (they gave a 5-10 minute go to the bathroom warning before leaving each location) we went up to the monorail. We had the last car each time reserved for the group. That was nice- no line and right into a car! No breakdowns, either.

Went to Polynesian, and outside to Trader Sams. At this point they gathered together those with allergies and their eating partners to make sure they were served correctly. Here we had the radish/beet bite, tuna, and the pork belly. For those that didn't eat fish there was a double portion (2 bites) of the beets. There was also the signature drink here, and those that wanted additional drinks were able to purchase. By the end of the evening a good portion of the group was quite...happy. It's a lot of alcohol.

On to Grand Floridian and up to Citricos. The food allergy group was seated at one large table and the others at another. The no fish got a double portion of the tender beef short ribs. There was red and or white wine, coffee if desired and nice fresh bread. We were here the longest-- after eating about 40 minutes they gave champagne to go and we lingered on the balcony for another half hour or so (inside, so I guess, on the 2d floor), then on to Contemporary.

We went to our place on the 4th floor balcony where there were hot drinks, cheese and the desserts. There was not a cheese board- they had them served buffet style (3 or 4 cheeses, two desserts). We got here about 730 or so, and had half hour to linger til the fireworks started. That was the best part- great view, music piped in. There are seats for about half the group, so when we got there many went and sat on the benches or put coats-- so if you want to sit- do that first!

There were 4 nice cast members that accompanied us thru the night.

Be prepared to chat with strangers, speak up if you don't want the alcoholic drinks, and don't panic with the small appetizers.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
According to another site, Disney already is cutting back on this experience. Evidently, they served their guest champagne in glass flutes and people could sit and relax. Now it's being served in a plastic to-go glass at the end of the bar in Citricos, I also heard the the 5 dessert options have been cut to 2. I wonder when the cheese will be replaced by cheese whiz.:confused:

If you can take it to-go, then I could see the wisdom of using plastic cups.

The dessert options were reduced, not taken away. It's not like they cut out a course altogether. For all we know the other three desserts weren't being touched. Serving 5 different desserts to a small group is a bit overkill.

Bandini

If you can take it to-go, then I could see the wisdom of using plastic cups.

The dessert options were reduced, not taken away. It's not like they cut out a course altogether. For all we know the other three desserts weren't being touched. Serving 5 different desserts to a small group is a bit overkill.
Oh yes, I'm sure they went from 5 dessert options to 2 due to guest demand. Right! However, the one thing they didn't reduce is the price. I'm sure this was also due to guest demand. :banghead:

JWG

Still glad we just created our own self paced version of this. Spent less and got more (though no private Monorail car, but we didn't have to wait). Us doing it required a bit of forethought though, making sure we had dining reservations.

JoeCamel

Still glad we just created our own self paced version of this. Spent less and got more (though no private Monorail car, but we didn't have to wait). Us doing it required a bit of forethought though, making sure we had dining reservations.

You got the balcony with eats and music to watch the fireworks?

JWG

You got the balcony with eats and music to watch the fireworks?

We happen to be DVC members so we ended at Top of the World Lounge and were able to order drinks, dessert, and have music and fireworks. Earlier in this thread is a post of what we did. It ended up costing two of nearly half of the event charge and we did apps/drinks at the Poly, dinner at Grand Floridian, and dessert/drinks/fireworks at the Contemporary/BLT.

JoeCamel

We happen to be DVC members so we ended at Top of the World Lounge and were able to order drinks, dessert, and have music and fireworks. Earlier in this thread is a post of what we did. It ended up costing two of nearly half of the event charge and we did apps/drinks at the Poly, dinner at Grand Floridian, and dessert/drinks/fireworks at the Contemporary/BLT.

OK, certainly value attached to DVC compared to what they are selling here

Bandini

Sounds like you had a great time.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Sounds like a great idea, but no one, not even Walt himself, can guarantee the monorails will cooperate.....

JWG

Sounds like a great idea, but no one, not even Walt himself, can guarantee the monorails will cooperate.....

Haha, thought the same thing when I first saw the byline for this event. Thought, why would anyone want to eat on a moving monorail?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Haha, thought the same thing when I first saw the byline for this event. Thought, why would anyone want to eat on a moving monorail?

Wasn't referring to actually eating on the trains, but that the monorails are notorious for breaking down.....

Bandini

I guess they are scaling back on what they initially offered:
- Earlier reports were more than one glass of champagne, now it's one glass
- When this started there was a champagne & cheese gathering now you get a plastic cup of champagne in the lobby.
- First hand report stated two desserts now. Photos and reviews for original evenings were 4-5. Reduction.
- Cheese is now served at the dessert party portion
- Valet parking was removed from this offering.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I guess they are scaling back on what they initially offered:
- Earlier reports were more than one glass of champagne, now it's one glass
- When this started there was a champagne & cheese gathering now you get a plastic cup of champagne in the lobby.
- First hand report stated two desserts now. Photos and reviews for original evenings were 4-5. Reduction.
- Cheese is now served at the dessert party portion
- Valet parking was removed from this offering.
Do they seriously serve champagne in a plastic cup? I could not find reviews for this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom