New Monorail Fleet for WDW

SPMTCP2003

Original Poster
I am always one to be super skeptical about any rumors I hear, but I happen to have a very reliable source for this new information!

A Monorail CM told me yesterday that he and the rest of the Monorail transport team were informed by their managers that the topic was discussed at length in a recent Transportation board meeting. Supposedly, the entire fleet is to be replaced, as the (now nearing) 30-year-old Mark VIs are becoming completely out-dated with regard to being able to find proper parts to make necessary repairs. Alledgedly, 24 brand new, custom trains will be replacing the current fleet. That's right, 24. Apparently, there was more discussion on connecting the two remaining parks. He also said that Epcot would become the new TTC, as it has the platform capacity space that the current TTC does not.

I was hoping someone might be able to at least confirm if this holds any water at all. As reliable as my source is, I'll still believe it when I see it. :p. I know very well how rumors can sound real when discussed among CMs.

SPMTCP2003

Original Poster
OK you had me going there until the 24 and talk of adding the other parks.

With the monorails - believe it when you see it.

That's where they started losing me too. *sigh* I suppose no one would actually be able to confirm this even if they were actually in the know, since doing so would cause them to lose their "cred" if the plan were to fall through. I'd say talks at a board meeting are just that, talks. But as much as the current monorails break down, certainly SOMEthing needs to be done! :cautious:

MKCP 1985

a shareholder of what, bus stock?

yeah, until proven otherwise people who initiate discussions of monorail expansion as something likely to happen are revealing themselves as not fully connected to reality.

they can stand on the wall next to those who claim to have been abducted by aliens.

tissandtully

yeah, until proven otherwise people who initiate discussions of monorail expansion as something likely to happen are revealing themselves as not fully connected to reality.

they can stand on the wall next to those who claim to have been abducted by aliens.

How can you tell someone's a shareholder?

Don't worry, they'll let you know.

SMS55

24 doesn't make sense. There's not enough room to house them. The monorail "dock" is behind MK and there is not enough room for so many monorails at this time. There would need to be a lot more construction to house so many. Extending the monorail doesn't make sense either. It doesn't fit into the themes of the other parks like it does MK and EPCOT. That last part I think is the cast members keeping alive something that would never happen. When I was in college we didn't have a football team. The joke was that we would get one in four years. They told that to every freshman class.

montyz81

Lets just hope that they are asking for way more then what they really need and they end up with 12 brand new Monorails. I would guess the next time around they would be driverless therefor restoring the once "Must Do" of sitting up front.

puntagordabob

Nice to Dream.... though if they did it I am sure most of us would be pleased..... the busses (though I understand the current need) are such a hassle sometimes....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I tend to put more faith in those who claim to have been abducted.

RSoxNo1

I'm setting the over/under on monorail rumor threads in the WDWMagic archives at 307... Who wants the over, who wants the under?

TRONorail10

Lets just hope that they are asking for way more then what they really need and they end up with 12 brand new Monorails. I would guess the next time around they would be driverless therefor restoring the once "Must Do" of sitting up front.

I'm pretty sure WDW will never allow guests in the front cab ever again. Things could still go wrong with an auto-pilot. With no impact buffer in the front, a head on crash is almost a certain fatality for anyone in the front cab.

NowInc

The smart thing for them to do would be to make a new TTC sort of hub at DTD that would be able to branch out to all the parks. This would increase traffic to their shopping districts and with the new I-4 entrance going right to it, would be easier to get to.

Now...will that happen? of course not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom