New modern day costumes coming to American Adventure?

MagicMike

The entire American Adventure Pavilion at Epcot needs to be redone. It is a total lie from beginning to end. First of all, America includes the entire continent of both north and south America. The story told at Epcot revolves around the founding of the United States of America not America. Please remember that Brazilians are Americans too as are Canadians!

That's exactly right. America is a continent. I think I said that. So are we talking about the adventure of a continent?

I think you might be splitting hairs with this one. The United States of America as country is represented in the attraction, not as the entire continent (Which is why Canada and Mexico have their own pavilions and attractions). Also North America and South America are two separate continents, not one.

ToTBellHop

Mexicao and Canada are part of America as well.

They are a part of North America. That's not the same as saying they are part of America. People from Mexico and Canada are Mexicans and Canadians, respectively, not Americans. People from the USA are Americans (United Statesians sounded dumb).

Clever Name

I think you might be splitting hairs with this one. The United States of America as country is represented in the attraction, not as the entire continent (Which is why Canada and Mexico have their own pavilions and attractions). Also North America and South America are two separate continents, not one.

Sorry, I meant to say continents, not continent. I corrected the OP. Thanks for the heads up! The point is that the pavilion does not represent America. It represents the United States of America and only because the United States includes "America" in its formal name do some people shorten the name (incorrectly) to "America". The other countries don't use "America" in their names. However, the other countries are still American. So let's talk about the Cuban Adventure!

MAF

troll.jpg

Cosmic Commando

Sorry, I meant to say continents, not continent. I corrected the OP. Thanks for the heads up! The point is that the pavilion does not represent America. It represents the United States of America and only because the United States includes "America" in its formal name do some people shorten the name (incorrectly) to "America". The other countries don't use "America" in their names. However, the other countries are still American. So let's talk about the Cuban Adventure!
Yeah, I get what you're sayin'. However, it is common to refer to the U.S.A. as "America", and it's not like Disney invented it. Nobody is confused when you say "America". There are quirks in every field of study and every corner of the world; you don't need to make it your personal mission to correct them all.

The Empress Lilly

I'll avoid the silly side debate. Back to costumes: are they serious?

The AA is so pretty! I can spend half a day immersing myself in the architecture, the restaurant, the VoL, the show. It's all so pretty!

*sharpens pitchfork *
What ****** thinks it is a good idea to do away with the colonial costumes? And why? Too elaborate and therefore too costly? Too unrepresentative of modern America which draws from more wells than just the European colonial heritage? Somebody got drunk, taking the , perhaps lost a bet?

Why?

http://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/American-Adventure-Pavilion.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
I'll avoid the silly side debate. Back to costumes: are they serious?

The AA is so pretty! I can spend half a day immersing myself in the architecture, the restaurant, the VoL, the show. It's all so pretty!

*sharpens pitchfork *
What ****** thinks it is a good idea to do away with the colonial costumes? And why? Too elaborate and therefore too costly? Too unrepresentative of modern America which draws from more wells than just the European colonial heritage? Somebody got drunk, taking the , perhaps lost a bet?

Why?

http://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/American-Adventure-Pavilion.jpg

Thanks for bringing it back....the argument was ridiculous.

If they change the costumes to another period of time, they'd need to refurb the entire facade of the building as well, or it wouldn't make any sense at all. The costumes fit the time period of the pavilion. We're celebrating independence at this pavilion, not contemporary (United States of) America.

I truly hope the rumor is just that...a bad rumor.

WDWBryan

Thanks for bringing it back....the argument was ridiculous.

If they change the costumes to another period of time, they'd need to refurb the entire facade of the building as well, or it wouldn't make any sense at all. The costumes fit the time period of the pavilion. We're celebrating independence at this pavilion, not contemporary (United States of) America.

I truly hope the rumor is just that...a bad rumor.

Exactly. Imagine the folks at colonial williamsburg wearing modern day suits. same thing

WDW1974

Wow!!!

Just when you think Disney/TDO can't get dumber, can't make worse choices that affect guests/fans/cast, they do.
This is a godawful idea and the fact that AA CMs are speaking out about it lends enough crdedence for me ... no, sorry apologists, I don't need to wait and see yet more Walmarting (or Gapping in this case) in order to rip it.

So ... so dumb ..

I'd love to know who was responsible for this ... someone who clearly needs to make 'decisions' to justify the fact they work for Disney and not down at the outlet mall.

C'mon ... there has to be someone who wants to do battle over this stupidity.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Wow!!!

Just when you think Disney/TDO can't get dumber, can't make worse choices that affect guests/fans/cast, they do.
This is a godawful idea and the fact that AA CMs are speaking out about it lends enough crdedence for me ... no, sorry apologists, I don't need to wait and see yet more Walmarting (or Gapping in this case) in order to rip it.

So ... so dumb ..

I'd love to know who was responsible for this ... someone who clearly needs to make 'decisions' to justify the fact they work for Disney and not down at the outlet mall.

C'mon ... there has to be someone who wants to do battle over this stupidity.

This is one decision I can't even begin to fathom.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom