New mission coming to Star Tours - The Adventure Continues

Luxe

As much as Star Tours has been a staple of my visits since I was old enough to ride it(RIP Rex), If they decided to give it a new IP overlay after SWL opens I wouldn't be too upset. Gives me plenty of time to ride it a million times and say my goodbyes. I can still recite the entire script from the original Star Tours with Rex.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more it hurts to think it won't be there one day :(

Siren

Yay! This is great news. Awww, I just can't wait to see that adorable BB-8.

And, this also clears up the rumors that Star Tours is closing or being relocated. It's not in the new Star Wars land concept art either.

Siren

It actually doesn't clear up the rumors since the rumors are that it would close well after SWL opens.
OK, thanks Dan! It's just so odd to me that Disney would invest so much money in Star Tours, only to tear it down a few years later.

It's not in the art because it's not in the land.
Hi @marni1971! Thanks. That's exactly what I was trying to say. LOL.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
OK, thanks Dan! It's just so odd to me that Disney would invest so much money in Star Tours, only to tear it down a few years later.

Hi @marni1971@! Thanks. That's exactly what I was trying to say. LOL.

Adding new scenes is not a huge investment, and I highly doubt they will tear it down if anything does happen to it, it will likely be re-themed to something else.

Jones14

I wonder if Crait will be the first planet we see or the second. As a side note, with Force Awakens we got a new planet and the BB-8 hologram. Any potential of a new hologram or intro *cough Kylo Ren cough* to go with Crait when it debuts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom