New Mickey Mouse TV show

Omegadiz

Original Poster
I saw some previews for the Looney Tunes show and its pretty good. My most anticipated show of the year. I really like how they are bringing the characters back in an interesting way.

This kind of reboot is need for Mickey and friends. Sure Mickey Mouse Club House is good for younger kids and bringing some popularity to the characters, but what was the purpose of Epic Mickey only to continue pre school programming? Im not saying that MMCH has to go, Im just thinking of a show for the Disney Channel block.

We dont want it copying the Looney Tunes show, but still having commedy and the old classic charm.

Something involving all the toons....maybe not
  • Mickey
  • minnie
  • donald
  • goofy
  • daisy
  • pluto
  • mortimor
    • pete
    • horace
    • Chip n Dale
    • Huey dewey and louie
      • phantom blot
      • Roger Rabbit (make some deal with spielberg)
      • Max
Maybe add some guest appearances throughout certain episodes like Genie, Stitch Timon Mushu.......just a thought.

any ideas?

ScorpionX

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit could appear as well as Panchito Pistoles and Jose Carioca. The show could be called Welcome to Mickey's Corner.

Omegadiz

Original Poster
Mickey's Corner, not too bad of a name.

now for the plot. this would be a "breaking the fourth wall" show where Mickey and the gang ae put into hilarious situations by the director which on ocassion could be Pete or othe characters.

This would allow for randon encounters by, characters like Genie or even jiminy cricket.

mharrington

"Welcome To Mickey's Corner"? That kinda sounds like "Welcome To Pooh Corner", a show from the old-school Disney Channel.

And didn't they already do several other shows with Mickey and the gang before doing "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse"? Have you forgotten about "Mickey Mouse Works" or "House of Mouse"?

Granted, I would like to see a show like this more than "Clubhouse", but I have a sneaking suspicion that if we were to do a show like this, it would end up the same way as "Mouse Works" and "House of Mouse" did (but "Clubhouse" apparently did not): appealing more to/gaining a bigger following from serious Disney fans than from the general public. That might explain why those shows only lasted about two or three years, while "Clubhouse" is closing in on five years and counting.

But now, let's say we did do something like this. In the first place, I think we should find new voice actors for some of the characters, primarily since Wayne Allwine, as the voice of Mickey, had passed away and got replaced by Bret Iwan as the new voice of the character. Now, this is not the thread for this by any means, but I have a replacement in mind for Russi Taylor as the voice of Minnie. I'm thinking of someone named Kari Wahlgren. In fact, I even dedicated a whole thread just to that very subject here (go take a look): http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=547058.

What are your thoughts on my opinions here?

MansionGoer13z

How bout a Mickey show based on the classic comics with a modern twist to it? I don't know how many have read them but I've got a Large Book that archives many of the Mickey comics from the 30's and they seem pretty interesting.

bmarkelon

I agree and am happy that Disney Junior throws some of Mickey's classic cartoons on as space filler in between the morning shows. I still put Chip and Dale on for my kids and they love it like I did as a kid!
They could bring back the House of Mouse with brand new shows! :sohappy:
I kind of think that this concept could be more popular now because of Clubhouse.

Omegadiz

Original Poster
While I loved House of Mouse, it didnt really show the characters really do what they do. Like, the little cartoons again, i loved, were a bit corney and the rest of the show was the announcement of cartoons.

a new show could go in depth. Clubhouse, actually centers around the characters more than HoM did.

As for the ne minnie, im sceptical. I still dont necessarily like Bret Iwan. He hasnt grown on me yet. So a new minnie....eh

goofy donald

I personally would just rather see a more variety hour show with new cartoons made today, a similar format they used to have way back when. say an intro scene a concluding scene, an overriding theme that links the different comics, and 3-4 separate scenes with characters from different movies. any thoughts?

Cmdr_Crimson

I agree and am happy that Disney Junior throws some of Mickey's classic cartoons on as space filler in between the morning shows..

I'm sorry..Those Have a Laugh shorts Are an atrocity to the orginal version...My advice Watch the original short not butchered to death from 8 minutes to 3 minutes and re-dubbed with the newer voice actors..

bmarkelon

I'm sorry..Those Have a Laugh shorts Are an atrocity to the orginal version...My advice Watch the original short not butchered to death from 8 minutes to 3 minutes and re-dubbed with the newer voice actors..
I was only saying that I was happy to see any part of the classics brought back for my kids. That is why I went further to say that I think more old school Mickey would be successful because of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I will take the Mickey I grew up with any way I can get him for my kids today.

mharrington

If we're doing cartoons themed to the comics, might I recommend doing one themed to this one called "Mickey and the Jewel Heist". The real star of this cartoon, as in the comic, would be Goofy, who is instrumental in capturing a notorious high-society jewel thief known as The Gleam, whose practice it is to hypnotize witnesses into forgetting what they saw. Fortunately, the very special quality of Goofy's mind renders him immune to the criminal's hypnotic powers. You can actually take a look at the actual comic here: http://disneycomics.free.fr/Mickey/show.php?loc=YM048c. There are some differences, however, including that Donald will be in the cartoon (he was not in the comic).

I'm also thinking of having Daisy be voiced by another actor, too. I'm thinking of having Kath Soucie do it. Kath actually did voice the character before, on the short-lived "Quack Pack", so I think it could work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom