New Mexican Restaurant Coming to Downtown Disney

Alexis

Ehh, hopefully it's not as bad as Disney food from the parks -__-
They've closed alot of stores in DTD. Anyone know what is yet to replace those empty lots?

mickey2008.1

could it be possible a new menu for san angel inn? They have always been plaguedbwith lack lustser food. Is'nt there a rumaor about san angel going to signature?

Dopey77

Original Poster
could it be possible a new menu for san angel inn? They have always been plaguedbwith lack lustser food. Is'nt there a rumaor about san angel going to signature?

Its not for San Angel Inn, Disney only collects royalties as it does not own any of of the Mexican establishments on property. Rix, Pepper Market, Maya Grill and the Mexico Pavilion @ Epcot are all owned and operated by an outside vendor.

I was told last night (I inquired for more info) that this past week they have only been testing recipes for tacos.. shrimp and fish tacos is apparently the main focus. I cant get any info past that the location of the said establishment is somewhere close to T-Rex.. that opens up a limited window, but no word on timetable for opening or construction, announcement, etc. Like I said, I'm not an insider I've just been granted a few details into culinary workings of TDO. Figured I would share the small update regarding the focus of main ingredient and the hint I was given to where this new eatery could occupy. Wish I had more, but if any insider do know more.. please share

djlaosc

Its not for San Angel Inn, Disney only collects royalties as it does not own any of of the Mexican establishments on property. Rix, Pepper Market, Maya Grill and the Mexico Pavilion @ Epcot are all owned and operated by an outside vendor.

I was told last night (I inquired for more info) that this past week they have only been testing recipes for tacos.. shrimp and fish tacos is apparently the main focus. I cant get any info past that the location of the said establishment is somewhere close to T-Rex.. that opens up a limited window, but no word on timetable for opening or construction, announcement, etc. Like I said, I'm not an insider I've just been granted a few details into culinary workings of TDO. Figured I would share the small update regarding the focus of main ingredient and the hint I was given to where this new eatery could occupy. Wish I had more, but if any insider do know more.. please share

Could this be for a Food Truck? (like the "Clawdaddys Lobster Rover food truck" that was at Downtown Disney last August) Or a stand opposite Fultons?

The area around T-Rex seems pretty full, with what you would consider to be long-term tennants (unless Pollo Campero is already going) or it would open where Curl used to be/will be moving from, or into one of the empty clubs.

Mouse Detective

They've closed alot of stores in DTD. Anyone know what is yet to replace those empty lots?

Other than the new empty spot in the Splitsville building, I can't think of any empty storefronts in Downtown Disney...except for the empty club spaces at Pleasure Island. Near T-Rex? Mannequins....heaven forbid!

The lack of bar-b-que at WDW has always struck me.

Schussler Creative's Backfire BBQ was one of the rumors for Pleasure Island back in 2009. But a lot of water has passed under the Number 2 Bridge since then!

mickey2008.1

If thats all they are testing, maybe a quick service restaurant, which would be cool. Who doesnt like eating tacos on the water or on the street like at wolfgang pucks?

wdwfan4ver

If thats all they are testing, maybe a quick service restaurant, which would be cool. Who doesnt like eating tacos on the water or on the street like at wolfgang pucks?
Not everyone can eat tacos. A Majority of people are able to eat tacos.

I don't eat tacos because I get stomach aches from them. I even took tums before eating them and this comes from a person who doesn't even put hot sauce on Tacos.

NiarrNDisney

Uhhh maybe I'm mistaken but Bongo's and Paradiso 37 both serve south of the border inspired menus so why build another restaurant serving the same type of food?

71jason

I was told last night (I inquired for more info) that this past week they have only been testing recipes for tacos.. shrimp and fish tacos is apparently the main focus. I cant get any info past that the location of the said establishment is somewhere close to T-Rex.. that opens up a limited window, but no word on timetable for opening or construction, announcement, etc.

An emphasis on tacos implies quick-service--in addition to generally being considered more street food, a full-service that does fish tacos would seem to directly contradict Paradiso (how do you do that cuisine without also throwing in a tequila bar?). Also, there's no obvious plot of land for a new full-service restaurant near T-Rex, and again, the TSR market is saturated.

Pure speculation, but my guess is possibly the margarita stand being converted/maybe even expanded into a walk-up taco stand. I wouldn't be shocked if Capt. Jacks got some sort of make-over (talk about a restaruant the Online Disney Community forgot), but I doubt it would be a Paradiso clone. Then again, I suppose there is a slight chance Paradiso got fed up and finally found a way out of their lease, and this is damage control. But if I had to bet money, I'd say QSR in the margarita stand.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
An emphasis on tacos implies quick-service--in addition to generally being considered more street food, a full-service that does fish tacos would seem to directly contradict Paradiso (how do you do that cuisine without also throwing in a tequila bar?). Also, there's no obvious plot of land for a new full-service restaurant near T-Rex, and again, the TSR market is saturated.

Pure speculation, but my guess is possibly the margarita stand being converted/maybe even expanded into a walk-up taco stand. I wouldn't be shocked if Capt. Jacks got some sort of make-over (talk about a restaruant the Online Disney Community forgot), but I doubt it would be a Paradiso clone. Then again, I suppose there is a slight chance Paradiso got fed up and finally found a way out of their lease, and this is damage control. But if I had to bet money, I'd say QSR in the margarita stand.

I'm with you on the margarita stand. Assuming this is true, that's about all that makes sense.

kapeman

Paradiso 37, La Hacienda, La Cava del Tequila, Pollo Campero,....now this? Enough with the Latin fare already. Why don't they just open an honest to God American Steak House somewhere in DtD. Or maybe have the Disney chef's try and develop something similar to Ted's Montana Grill.

Have you been talking to my wife? She has been saying the same thing about DtD (or the American Pavilion in EPCOT) opening up a Ted's Montana Grill for years. Even though the one in our town closed. Or maybe it was because of that. Whatever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom