New mesh wifi home network hardware - Eero

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
This looks to be an interesting product hoping to fix WiFi once and for all.

http://www.cnet.com/news/startup-eero-hopes-to-wipe-out-weak-wi-fi/

I don't think I'll be an early adopter, but I'm interested to see how well it performs outside of the lab. I can see potential handoff issues between 2.4 and 5Ghz as a device moves around the home. I'm also interested to see if there is a limit to the "limitless" number of devices. I've been experimenting with home automation, and I can see the number of connected devices becoming quite large in a hurry.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't think I'll be an early adopter, but I'm interested to see how well it performs outside of the lab. I can see potential handoff issues between 2.4 and 5Ghz as a device moves around the home. I'm also interested to see if there is a limit to the "limitless" number of devices. I've been experimenting with home automation, and I can see the number of connected devices becoming quite large in a hurry.
Same here, I'll wait and see. But I am encouraged that someone is doing something other than just trying to make a single more powerful box. It seems that distributing devices around the home is the way to go, but in a way that does not cut bandwidth or create other issues that current repeaters do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom