New Member! Haven't been since 05'!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Hello!
I thought i'd introduce myself. I've been stalking the boards for awhile and finally signed up today!

My mom is a HUGE Disney fan and goes at least one time a year, but I haven't been since 2005. We are going on a trip next September, and I have a feeling a lot of things have changed since i've been last and figured that it would be great to start reading and researching now! My mom is planning the trip and we are just.. going along with it! By that time, my unborn daughter will be about 15 months old! I'm hoping this is a good age for her first trip!!

- Britt

Zweiland

Welcome! You'll find this site is great for reading and researching about WDW, but it has a lot more than that. Since you found the New Member Introductions subforum, I'm assuming you've already encountered Chit Chat. Most of us there don't bite since @Megalodumb left, so it's a great place to hang out if you're bored/procrastinating.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Welcome! You'll find this site is great for reading and researching about WDW, but it has a lot more than that. Since you found the New Member Introductions subforum, I'm assuming you've already encountered Chit Chat. Most of us there don't bite since @Megalodumb left, so it's a great place to hang out if you're bored/procrastinating.

Thanks for the welcome! I find myself bored or procrastinating quite frequently! :D

You'll learn a lot on these boards, while your bored! I see that you're a runner so after some time on this site next thing you know you'll be dragging your mom around the parks with your own plans! Planning ahead is important and things like the magic bands are great, however sometimes they force too much planning in advance. Sometimes you have to just let the day happen and not worry about getting to everything. Kind of like a wedding day! Too many people the day of their wedding worry about the small stuff instead of living in the moment and enjoying the whole experience.
Good luck and have fun!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
You'll learn a lot on these boards, while your bored! I see that you're a runner so after some time on this site next thing you know you'll be dragging your mom around the parks with your own plans! Planning ahead is important and things like the magic bands are great, however sometimes they force too much planning in advance. Sometimes you have to just let the day happen and not worry about getting to everything. Kind of like a wedding day! Too many people the day of their wedding worry about the small stuff instead of living in the moment and enjoying the whole experience.
Good luck and have fun!

My mom LOVES the planning and goes every year so she knows SO MUCH. I know nothing. I haven't been since i was 19 and i'm almost 30. haha. It is a family trip, and she will be there with us, so it's not like she's planning our trip for us. I'm sure there will be times when we all go our separate ways, and by then i'll have a toddler, so i've got a lot of learning to do! I do know that oddly enough, I enjoyed WDW more as as 19 year old than I did when I was 10. Maybe it's just because I can't remember being 10 ;)

I have no idea what these "bands" are. That's obviously new since i've been! I've got lots of learning, but plenty of time.. well over 500 days.. *sigh*

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hello!
I thought i'd introduce myself. I've been stalking the boards for awhile and finally signed up today!

My mom is a HUGE Disney fan and goes at least one time a year, but I haven't been since 2005. We are going on a trip next September, and I have a feeling a lot of things have changed since i've been last and figured that it would be great to start reading and researching now! My mom is planning the trip and we are just.. going along with it! By that time, my unborn daughter will be about 15 months old! I'm hoping this is a good age for her first trip!!

- Britt
Welcome to WDWMAGIC!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom