New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

Sage of Time

Lots of trees in the bypass. Pics from MKPony on Twitter.

CEHxkeiW0AAF4wm.jpg

CEHxkw3W8AAknIh.jpg

Castle Cake Apologist

Oh, it was very necessary. It was only a matter of time before guests got hurt in the hub and whilst trying to exit.

And to make a legit walkway with some control for the guests who would force theirselves backstage to use the original bypass even if the gates were closed.

You might have misunderstood my point. I'm not saying at all that the bypass is unnecessary. I was in MK Ops for awhile, I fully understand the necessity of the bypass.

I'm saying that they were content for many years to just line the walkway with rolling planters and call it a day. Building a little "municipal park" to walk through in the bypass is what was technically unnecessary. It's just a nice plussing project that they randomly did for no real reason other than to make it look good. Yet people are still finding ways to gripe about it when it's not even totally finished yet, and honestly looks really nice already in its unfinished state. Why?

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I still don't give it a two thumbs up. But it is better than a "meh". And it is nicer than Disneyland's. How often can you say that?
1) Our Haunted Mansion
2) Our Castle
3) Our Swiss Family Treehouse
4) Our Main St. Train Station
5) Our Peoplemover (tee hee)
6) Our Astro Orbiter
7) Our Little Mermaid (only due to the queue being vastly superior and it being in Fantasyland where it belongs)
8) Our ToT
9) Our Splash Mountain
Plenty of times to say it. It's just that there are just as many times to say it the opposite direction as well. <grin>

Disneyhead'71

1) Our Haunted Mansion
2) Our Castle
3) Our Swiss Family Treehouse
4) Our Main St. Train Station
5) Our Peoplemover (tee hee)
6) Our Astro Orbiter
7) Our Little Mermaid (only due to the queue being vastly superior and it being in Fantasyland where it belongs)
8) Our ToT
9) Our Splash Mountain
Plenty of times to say it. It's just that there are just as many times to say it the opposite direction as well. <grin>
I LOLed at #6. :p

englanddg

One Little Spark...
No, I absolutely agree. It's a shame what they did to Disneyland's. Worst decision ever. OK maybe not. But really dumb.
Aside from a few of the attractions and the area over near Nemo, their Fantasyland is a conflicted mess, imho. Even though ours is Pixar Place Lite, for the most part, I like ours better (though, their Space Mountain is better, and their Buzz is better only due to the guns being free aim instead of attached to the ride vehicle).

Disneyhead'71

Aside from a few of the attractions and the area over near Nemo, their Fantasyland is a conflicted mess, imho. Even though ours is Pixar Place Lite, for the most part, I like ours better (though, their Space Mountain is better, and their Buzz is better only due to the guns being free aim instead of attached to the ride vehicle).
Yeah, Tomorrowland at DLR is in need of an overhaul. I'm just afraid the brain trust at WDI may not be quite up to the task without screwing it up.

Next Big Thing

Yeah, Tomorrowland at DLR is in need of an overhaul. I'm just afraid the brain trust at WDI may not be quite up to the task without screwing it up.
Tomorrowland needs help in WDW pretty bad too. I'd argue more than DL's. Ours is just a jumbled mess of animated properties that have no place in a land of Tomorrow, our Space Mountain is stuck in the 70's (the actual ride), CoP needs some sort of update/reworking, the cars at the very least should be updated to run on electric. I get the appeal of the attraction for kids, but a retheme or a new attraction in place of it would be ideal.

Plain and simple, our version is a mess. I'm hoping that maybe the movie can spark some sort of visual overhaul for a complete redo of the land on both coasts.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Tomorrowland needs help in WDW pretty bad too. I'd argue more than DL's. Ours is just a jumbled mess of animated properties that have no place in a land of Tomorrow, our Space Mountain is stuck in the 70's (the actual ride), CoP needs some sort of update/reworking, the cars at the very least should be updated to run on electric. I get the appeal of the attraction for kids, but a retheme or a new attraction in place of it would be ideal.

Plain and simple, our version is a mess. I'm hoping that maybe the movie can spark some sort of visual overhaul for a complete redo of the land on both coasts.
Convince your friends and family and coworkers and strangers on the street to go see it in theaters then! I plan to! <grin>

note2001

The speedway is beyond all hope at this point. It's loud, smells, a total waste of space, and yet always has a line. Go figure.

They should have updated it years back to a Cars theme run on electric, with the cars actually talking back and forth to each other on the track, as well as interacting with the scenery & props. Now that there is a wonderful Cars ride in DL, I doubt they'd go this way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom