New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks, Bolt. I was pretty sure Disney didn't confirm this but seemed like previous posters were talking like they knew for sure.

I'm honestly not saying I know any better. I'm just really curious.
"Disney" tend not to confirm that much.

You'll learn more on these forums ;)

Yes, it's just a bypass. It will have gates at either end to control access if needed. And it will have some minimal theming.

Timon

Sorry to resurrect this one, but I'm just curious as to whether or not this was finally completed and if any pictures were ever posted?

The BYPASS just happens to be in the same parking lot that the HUB rebuilding is staged from. The North End of the BYPASS is the main access to the HUB site. So I would surmise that when the Heavy Equipment work is complete in the HUB, shortly after that the North End of the BYPASS will be completed. Date unknown. Sorry, Madame Leota won't share her Crystal Ball.

Next Big Thing

Sorry to resurrect this one, but I'm just curious as to whether or not this was finally completed and if any pictures were ever posted?

I'm not in Otown at the moment.
It's not close to completion. I see it just about every day and they are VERY slowly making progress. Road paving still needs to be done, the addition of gate sin two different sections, walls all around to block backstage, railings, electrical, then horticulture needs to come in eventually.

Plus any additional "theming" they want to apply to the area. It's not a high priority job right now. Getting the hub finished is much more of a priority for the time being.

note2001

Construction slowed down. I know, hard to believe. A source tells me the ladder is misplaced again. Seventeen months and counting.
I think they're using it and the one guy assigned to this over at the Poly to get the pool construction done asap. (Someone grabbed pics over there from just a day or so ago - I have never seen so many workers on at one time anywhere on Disney property.)

Cesar R M

It's not close to completion. I see it just about every day and they are VERY slowly making progress. Road paving still needs to be done, the addition of gate sin two different sections, walls all around to block backstage, railings, electrical, then horticulture needs to come in eventually.

Plus any additional "theming" they want to apply to the area. It's not a high priority job right now. Getting the hub finished is much more of a priority for the time being.

left side of the hub is already done if I remember correctly, will confirm the 15th.

MissingDisney

Just posted Friday.

cspencer96

Interesting permit today. Contractor is **** Construction who is doing the rest of the hub work Not sure why it's called the north bypass, but the address puts it behind main street where we know the bypass is being built.

"MK HUB - North Bypass Visual Intrusion"
Hmm, don't they tend to call sightline problems "Visual Intrusions" in permits/NOCs? I remember that wording from some New Fantasyland stuff with sightline fixes around Gaston's/Mermaid. Maybe they're fixing that horrendous mess of visible backstage space over in that area - I sure hope so!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom