New Lounge Coming to Disneyland

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

TP2000

So the Skyline Lounge opened quietly on Friday and WDW-N-T dubbed it "a total waste of time". What a shock! :jawdrop:

http://tinyurl.com/y9mw5zer

Frankly, I thought they were being rather kind. These types of lifestyle bloggers know they can't be too critical or else they won't get invited to the Star Wars Land opening parties and blogger buffet.

But the basic facts and photos in the review speak for themselves. And then they cancelled the fireworks. $45.

I'm surprised Mickey and Minnie came. That's adds slight value I think, but otherwise what a waste.

My hunch is that because it was breezy on Friday evening, management hustled the mice up there assuming the fireworks were about to be cancelled on their debut night. $45.

Jenga, Connect Four, and Checkers???

I know. You just have to be embarrassed for Disneyland management for thinking this is okay. $45.

Did we remind folks this is $45?

Curious Constance

We use to play Connect Four while sitting on a blanket waiting for Fantasmic to start.

You were part of the blanket brigade!?

Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eyes.gif

DLR92

That is not worth the money. No wonder why Disney is offering this experience with that much amenity. Those commenters on the blog that sees "value" in it! I have no words to how dumb they are to willing to pay that much and you pay $$$$ to get in the first place!?

Curious Constance

That is not worth the money. No wonder why Disney is offering this experience with that much amenity. Those commenters on the blog that sees "value" in it! I have no words to how dumb they are to willing to pay that much and you pay $$$$ to get in the first place!?
Pay $125 to get in the door and then another $45 to sit on our couches.

Curious Constance

"Celebrate New Year's Eve at the Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge
The Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge will be the site for a new premium New Year's Eve gathering at Disneyland this year. Launched this past summer, the Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge offers visitors a "new perspective" high above Tomorrowland, with the potential to view the nightly fireworks show, for an added charge. The Lounge is located on the upper level of the former Innoventions building, which provides views into Tomorrowland and beyond.

The Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge will have extended operating hours on December 31, from 7:00 to 1:00 a.m. Visitors can come and go as they please. Attendees receive a prepackaged snack container with fruit, cheese and sweets, plus a choice of hot or cold non-alcoholic beverage. For this special event, attendees also each receive a $15 voucher for the Galactic Grill or Redd Rockett's Pizza Port.

The New Year's Eve Experience at Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge is $90 per person ages 3 and up, tax included. There is no charge for children age 2 and under, but they do not receive the snack. Theme park admission is required, and is not included. While check-in for the New Year's Eve event begins at 6:45, Disney recommends that attendees enter the theme park much earlier than that to avoid any capacity issues and potential gate closures."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rich T

The Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge will be the site for a new premium New Year's Eve gathering at Disneyland this year. Launched this past summer, the Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge offers visitors a "new perspective" high above Tomorrowland, with the potential to view the nightly fireworks show, for an added charge. The Lounge is located on the upper level of the former Innoventions building, which provides views into Tomorrowland and beyond.

The Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge will have extended operating hours on December 31, from 7:00 to 1:00 a.m. Visitors can come and go as they please. Attendees receive a prepackaged snack container with fruit, cheese and sweets, plus a choice of hot or cold non-alcoholic beverage. For this special event, attendees also each receive a $15 voucher for the Galactic Grill or Redd Rockett's Pizza Port.

The New Year's Eve Experience at Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge is $90 per person ages 3 and up, tax included. There is no charge for children age 2 and under, but they do not receive the snack. Theme park admission is required, and is not included. While check-in for the New Year's Eve event begins at 6:45, Disney recommends that attendees enter the theme park much earlier than that to avoid any capacity issues and potential gate closures."

"Attendees receive a prepackaged snack container with fruit, cheese and sweets...There is no charge for children age 2 and under, but they do not receive the snack."
Somehow this just made my day. I'm hearing it in my head as spoken by Patrick Warburton.

flynnibus

Premium Member

people will pay it just so they don't have to fight for a spot to sit hours ahead of time. Question is will disney sell it to standing room only...

Darkbeer1

I found a location that bans Strollers, so Disney COULD do it... And it is at the TOP of the list...

https://www.cbbankarena.com/guest-services/a-to-z-guide

>>
Prohibited Items

For safety reasons, guests are refused entry if they are in possession of prohibited items. All entry constitutes consent to search. Illegal items will be confiscated and turned over to the police. If a guest is found inside the venue with a prohibited item, the item will be confiscated and the guest may be ejected from the facility. The following items are not permitted:

• Strollers
  • Aerosol Cans
  • Animals/Pets (except service animals)
  • Audio/Video Recording Equipment
  • Balloons, Beach Balls or Related Items
  • Banners and signage
  • Backpacks / Knapsacks
  • Bags or Purses (size limit of 14” x 14” x 6”)
  • Containers of any kind including - Cans, Bottles, Glass or Other Beverage Containers
  • Contraband
  • Chains, Studded Bracelets, etc.
  • Coolers or Ice Chests
  • Illegal Drugs
  • Glass
  • Large Bags and Purses
  • Laser Pens and Pointers
  • Noisemaking Devices (i.e. whistles, air horns)
  • Outside Food, Beverage, Bottled Water, etc.
  • Professional Photography Equipment, Tripods, Monopods and Selfie Sticks
  • Projectiles
  • Poles/Sticks to Display Flags, Banners, etc.
  • Skateboards, Rollerblades, Bikes, etc.
  • Sticks, Bats, Poles or Clubs
  • Unapproved pamphlets, fliers, handbills, etc.
  • Video and Audio Recording Devices
  • Weapons of any kind (i.e. pepper spray, tear gas, handcuffs, stun guns, etc.)
Any Other Item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by the venue in its sole discretion. This list is subject to change at any time by management. Thank you for your cooperation.<<

Above everything else, that is alphabetical. And the Arena hosts a lot of the travelling Disney Ice/Stage shows. Plus the city owns the facility, so it is the government making the policy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom