New Lounge Coming to Disneyland

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

BubbaQuest

tumblr_no72sgf98Z1ql71s9o1_500.jpg

And isn't that picture the best case scenario? I seem to remember most of the second story ramp looking directly into Tomorrowland Terrace or Autopia.

GiveMeTheMusic

And isn't that picture the best case scenario? I seem to remember most of the second story ramp looking directly into Tomorrowland Terrace or Autopia.

Yes. The fireworks view from this building is sketchy at best. That's why they're not really advertising it as fireworks viewing.

Ismael Flores

Cookies and a soft drink for that price. Wow!!
That is a new low especially since it's for two hours of nothing else.
Some of The airport lounges charge about the same thing and at least you get a selection of food and alcohol drinks as well as free reading material and charging areas with wifi and a place to shower

Curious Constance

Come to think of it, our five day park hopper tickets work out to be about $58 a piece for each of the five days we are there, and that doesn't even include a soda or cookies!!!!

Okay, I'll stop now.

zooey

We did a fireworks dessert party at magic kingdom once and I thought that was worth the experience, but this thing sounds miles away from that. A box of snacks? What? Terrible, insulting idea. These Up sells are such ridiculous band-aids. If they need more money, they need to create better experiences that people actually want.
Because it's a trap, basically, one that doesn't pay off for Disney in the end. They might fool some people to try it ONCE but those people will all go tell their friends they got ripped off and then you've got to spend how much in winning those people and now their friends back to the park? Arrogance in they think that people will accept anything Disney and like it, but just bad management in not explaining that across the company.

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
I heard it's going to be as good as Fyre Festival

I've been reading about that sh*t show all morning and I'm baffled at a) how utterly disorganized the producers were and b) how so many people could mindlessly hand over that much money when there were red flags everywhere before the event event took place.

Last edited by a moderator:

TP2000

Cookies and a soft drink for that price. Wow!!
That is a new low especially since it's for two hours of nothing else.
Some of The airport lounges charge about the same thing and at least you get a selection of food and alcohol drinks as well as free reading material and charging areas with wifi and a place to shower

I had the exact same thought!

Earlier this year I bought a Day Pass to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse lounge at San Francisco International for $50. I spent a couple hours there, had a great buffet meal of gourmet treats (buffalo mozzarella salad, Greek chicken skewers, fruit parfait), a Maker's Mark Manhattan and then a glass of good wine from the sharp bartender, free Wall Street Journal and Robb Report, charging ports everywhere & superfast free WiFi, luxe bathrooms, beautifully designed space with real Saarinen and Eames furniture, spotlessly clean, and every 30 minutes a charming and lovely young hostess checked on me by name and cooed if she could get me anything. And when my flight was called she brought me my sport coat, told me the weather forecast for my arrival city, and reminded me of my gate number.

Did I mention the Men's Room was outfitted with a fantastic British brand of soaps and lotions and tonics, with fluffy white hand towels?

Fifty bucks for that. Worth every penny.

Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse - San Francisco Intl. Airport: $50 day pass
0d259855bbced4b1857032fc1432c3491367318740.jpg

And for $45 TDA is going to offer cookies and soft drinks on the exit walkway of an old unused attraction? Staffed by some 20 year old kid in a cheap polyester muumuu who got pulled over from Tomorrowland Terrace? Why?!? It's like TDA operates in this weird vacuum, where they don't know what the outside world is like.

Can you imagine being on the team responsible for the execution of this knowing it'll be a flop while doing their duty to follow orders from leadership? I bet the backstage chatter amongst cast members is comical.

You're right. There's probably some hysterical transcripts available from the meetings on this, especially the middle managers asked to execute this silly plan. Again, the TDA executives appear to work in a vacuum and/or have no idea how their theme park works day to day and what the needs of their customers actually are.

Last edited:

TP2000

Yes. The fireworks view from this building is sketchy at best. That's why they're not really advertising it as fireworks viewing.

While it's not advertised as "Fireworks viewing", they go to the trouble of mentioning the fireworks in their brief description, and only operate the Skyline Lounge for two hours in the evening during fireworks time. From the Disneyland.com website...

"Beginning May 26, 2017, sit back and relax as you enjoy a view of the Tomorrowland skyline―and perhaps catch a fireworks show―from this unique vantage point." https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/tomorrowland-skyline-lounge/

If not for a sideways and lackluster view of the fireworks, what is the point of being here from 8pm to 10pm? Cookies and a Coke? A view of the abandoned and decaying attractions from Tomorrowland '98? Watching the backside of the cover band performing at Tomorrowland Terrace?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom