1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

New Imagineer Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by MonorailRed, May 21, 2016.

1. D Hindley

D Hindley Well-Known Member

Hello:). I'm Douglas Hindley. I'm a Southern California native and Disneyland pass holder (favorite park, incidentally). Was raised in a Disney family. My dad handled legal contracts with the OLC back when Tokyo Disneyland was just under construction, and I was featured in the park's opening parades - apparently they wanted an American baby alongside Mickey for some reason. I haven't been back to the Tokyo parks since, nor have I been to WDW. Other than SoCal, I can only claim to have seen Disneyland Paris (a mere two months ago), and the wonderful Ohio iron parks. My favorite ride is the original POTC; I'm a traditionalist.

While I'm new to WDWMagic, I've been a regular Armchair Imagineer over on Theme Park Insider's Theme Park Apprentice competitions. (Dunno how TPI or TPA are regarded 'round these parts.) I won Season 7 with a DisneySky proposal (seen recently on this forum's March Madness battle) and I won Season 8 with Buyan Park, an original proposal for a Russian fairy tale park in St. Petersburg.

TPA's second Tournament of Champions is coming up, but after that I won't be allowed to compete over there any longer. Once that's done, I'm interested in trying out some WDWMagic communal imagineering projects, trying some new stuff here. Glad to be here! :happy:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    David2319, Voxel, gonzoWDW and 10 others like this.
  2. MonorailRed

MonorailRed Applebees Original Poster

Welcome Douglas! :happy: Happy you're here!

3. josiah mazelin

josiah mazelin New Member

Hello everyone! I am josiah. Animal Kingdom is my absolute favorite park! My favorite attraction is probably expedition everest (although i like them all). still contemplating what to do after high school/ college but im highly considering imagineering of some sort :) i am finishing up my junior year of high school and i have just always loved disney and creative things in general. I play soccer and golf and i create art (mostly paintings) in my spare time. I am a self taught pianist and a devout christian part of the Harvest Bible Chapel chain of churches.

4. josiah mazelin

josiah mazelin New Member

I also LOVE animation and all things pixar related lol.

5. MonorailRed

Welcome Josiah! I love artwork, excited to see some!:bookworm:

I'll have Douglas' and your imagineering badges up within the next day or so...busy week :grumpy:

6. Voxel

Voxel President of Progress City Premium Member

Welcome to all the new ppl!

tcool123, spacemt354 and S.P.E.W like this.
  7. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Hi i know ive changed
    100 times
    but ive stated Bacon is the finale to name changes at least for years so here's an introduction
    Hi my names Bacon ive gone through many name changes but this is my final resting home for names. I'm happy to announce that I want to be an Imagineer again I love ohana and poly in general also i like all of the mk resorts thanks! But i would love to be from POP Century resort also and i would like my icon to be a surprise thanks!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  8. rawisericho

rawisericho Active Member

Hi everyone, I'm Erik, a copywriter in New York. It's a boring answer by Magic Kingdom is my favorite park. I have a bucket list that includes hitting every Disney park worldwide. My favorite theme park attraction in the world is Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and my favorite Disney ride is PotC or Jungle Cruise.

PS, what is this section and how does it work? I wanna armchair imaginer with you guys.

9. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Welcome Erik!

We have a group imagineer project going on as we speak if you'd like to join! It'd be a good way to get your feet wet. Happy to see you here!

And to answer your question - the Imagineer section is a place where you can post your armchair ideas for how to improve theme parks, design your own theme parks, and work with others or individually on a variety of projects!

10. MonorailRed

Now to officially congratulate the new Imagineers on the forum!

@D Hindley - Welcome to the forum, here is your complimentary Armchair Imagineer Nametag!

HindleyNametag.png

11. MonorailRed

@josiah mazelin - here is your complimentary Armchair Imagineer Nametag!

Josiahnametag.png

12. MonorailRed

@Bacon - Welcome back! Here is your complimentary Armchair Imagineer Nametag!

Bacon'sLogo.png

13. MonorailRed

@rawisericho - Welcome to the forum, here is your complimentary Armchair Imagineer Nametag!

NametagErik.png

14. rawisericho

rawisericho Active Member

15. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

EEK thank you so much!

16. Hunter Parks

Hunter Parks Member

I'm Hunter and I love all things Disney! My favorite park is DisneyLand and my favorite ride is Indiana Jones Adventure.

17. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Welcome to the imagineer forum, Hunter! Happy to see you here :)

18. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I'm Princess Leia (formerly Direwolf27), and I really miss Carrie Fisher :(

I really love Disney World. Really love it. Anywho, I've posted some armchair imagineering ideas in various threads, and I figured that it would probably be a good idea to post them in this forum where they belong.

19. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Welcome Princess Leia! :) Happy to see you here!

20. MonorailRed

Welcome!