New Idea for a Disneyland San Antonio, Texas (and maps of the various lands)!

Corey

Original Poster
Hello all,

I've been thinking of a new Disneyland near San Antonio, Texas that would incorporate many of the best features of the existing Disneyland theme parks.

There would be several lands including a Streets of America land instead of Main Street U.S.A. There would be side streets like Disneyland Paris' Discovery Arcade and Liberty Arcade, but with actual shops and about as wide as the existing Main Streets in the other theme parks. The actual Main Street in the middle would be about twice as wide and be reminiscent of a boulevard. The Main Street would be about twice as long as the Main Streets in the existing parks, thereby enabling a larger spoke on the hub, creating a larger park.

Adventureland would have both an Indiana Jones Adventure ride like the one in California, and an Indiana Jones mine car ride like in Paris (and also at Tokyo DisneySea (though that one is not Indiana Jones themed)). There would be a longer Jungle Cruise and a Pirates of the Barbary Coast that recounts the Battle of Derna from the perspective of the American fleet and their boats landing in Tunis. There will also be an Enchanted Tiki Room and the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. Additionally, there will be a Swiss Family Treehouse on an island and a nearby Indonesian Junk that guests can board to reach the island.

New Orleans Square would have a Pirates of the Caribbean like the one in California and a Haunted Mansion like the one in California.

Liberty Square would have the Hall of Presidents and a ride called the Legend of Sleepy Hollow that shares some ride technology with the Mystic Manor attraction in Hong Kong Disneyland.

Frontierland would have a Rivers of America with two paddle wheelers, the Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn that are similar in size and shape to the Mark Twain in Tokyo Disneyland. There would also be a Big Thunder Mountain, a Western River Expedition, a Splash Mountain, and a Country Bear Jamboree.

Discoveryland would be steampunk themed similar to the one in Disneyland Paris. There would be the Journey to the Center of the Earth like the attraction at Tokyo DisneySea. There would also be a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction that doesn't go underwater like the one at Tokyo DisneySea, but would involve ride vehicles similar to the old Nautiluses at Disney World unlike the diving bells at Tokyo DisneySea. There would be a sea or lagoon separating the 20,000 Leagues and Journey to the Center of the Earth attraction from the entrance to Discoveryland with a full size reproduction of the film version of the Nautilus, like the one at Disneyland Paris. There will be a Space Mountain themed to The War of the Worlds and an Autopia themed to something similar to Tijuana Taxi at Knott's Berry Farm. There will also be an Astro Orbiter like the one at Disneyland Paris.

Tomorrowland will have Stitch's Great Escape, though I'm partial to the old ExtraTerrorestrial attraction. There also will be a Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. An updated version of Star Jets set in the late 21st century will sit atop the People Mover loading platform. There will be a Space Mountain the size of the one in Florida, though with a single track where guests sit side by side. There will be an Autopia that has cars inspired by Tesla's Electric cars, though even more futuristic. There will be a Carousel of Progress as well.

Star Wars Land will have Star Tours and will pretty much be similar to whatever ends up at Disneyland or at Hollywood Studios. Since there are still some unknowns about those lands, I will have to leave a big question mark as to the actual E-ticket rides and other attractions that will go in this land.

Fantasyland will have a new Cinderella Castle, similar though yet different to the one in Florida. There will also be a King Arthur's Carousel, a Mad Hatter Tea Party, two Dumbo's Flying Elephants, a Beauty and the Beast ride. There will also be other rides including The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Peter Pan's Flight, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, and Snow White's Scary Adventure. There will also be a Storybook Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train, a Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster, an Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid, and It's a Small World.

Each of these lands will have numerous shops and restaurants themed to the surrounding attractions and carrying the overall theme of this Disneyland. Well, I'm posting some of the rough maps I've drawn up for each land. Some of the locations are a little off on the individual maps since they would need to fit in the circle or oval shaped park. However, they are rough approximations so forgive the simplicity of my renderings.

Attachments

• Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 299
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 311
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 328
  • Slide5.JPG
    Slide5.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 296
  • Slide6.JPG
    Slide6.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 295
  • Slide7.JPG
    Slide7.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 333
  • Slide8.JPG
    Slide8.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 267
  • Slide9.JPG
    Slide9.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 301
  • Slide10.JPG
    Slide10.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 318
  • Slide11.JPG
    Slide11.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:

Corey

Original Poster
I renamed each slide to make it easier to see what I have in mind for this park!

Attachments

• Park Map.JPG
    Park Map.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 301

Corey

Original Poster
Here are the maps of each land labeled as such.

Attachments

• Streets of America.JPG
    Streets of America.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Hub.JPG
    Hub.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 206
  • Adventureland.JPG
    Adventureland.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 191
  • New Orleans Square.JPG
    New Orleans Square.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Liberty Square.JPG
    Liberty Square.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Frontierland.JPG
    Frontierland.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 192
  • Discoveryland.JPG
    Discoveryland.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 171
  • Tomorrowland.JPG
    Tomorrowland.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Star Wars Land.JPG
    Star Wars Land.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 190
  • Fantasyland.JPG
    Fantasyland.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 177

Corey

Original Poster
Hi @Twilight_Roxas,

I would think outside the city on the west where there is open land to have a full resort like Walt Disney World. Is there less tornado activity on the east side? I was hoping to avoid having the hurricane activity from the Gulf Coast. Unfortunately, much of the central United States is susceptible to tornadoes, so that couldn't be avoided.

Last edited:

Corey

Original Poster
The reason why is because of Marvel.

Hi Twilight_Roxas,

I thought of placing it west of the Mississippi for that very reason. Even though there is higher population density east of the Mississippi, Disney would not be able to do anything with their Marvel holdings if they build east of the Mississippi. In this way, locating the resort near San Antonio might draw people from the central part of the U.S.

Corey

Original Poster
So Marvel is going into the park or no because of it's location?

Yeah, Marvel would be going into one of the other parks located at this resort. Perhaps even the Star Wars Land would go into one of these resorts. I imagine that such a resort would build out to perhaps three or maybe four parks. If Star Wars Land goes into one of the other parks, then I might add a ToonTown where the Star Wars Land is tentatively located in my proposed park. Thanks Twilight_Roxas for your input. I was trying not to put too much into one individual park so there is considerable latitude for other subsequent parks.

Corey

Original Poster
Hi all,

I was also thinking that if Disney co-locates with Sea World San Antonio, they could create a new resort destination that goes beyond either company. People wanting to visit one resort would have the opportunity of visiting the other while staying in San Antonio. There might even be some connections to Texas in the Disneyland resort such as a partial reproduction of the Alamo Fort on Tom Sawyer Island in the castle park at the Disneyland Resort.

BenJacobs

Hello all,

I've been thinking of a new Disneyland near San Antonio, Texas that would incorporate many of the best features of the existing Disneyland theme parks.

There would be several lands including a Streets of America land instead of Main Street U.S.A. There would be side streets like Disneyland Paris' Discovery Arcade and Liberty Arcade, but with actual shops and about as wide as the existing Main Streets in the other theme parks. The actual Main Street in the middle would be about twice as wide and be reminiscent of a boulevard. The Main Street would be about twice as long as the Main Streets in the existing parks, thereby enabling a larger spoke on the hub, creating a larger park.

Adventureland would have both an Indiana Jones Adventure ride like the one in California, and an Indiana Jones mine car ride like in Paris (and also at Tokyo DisneySea (though that one is not Indiana Jones themed)). There would be a longer Jungle Cruise and a Pirates of the Barbary Coast that recounts the Battle of Derna from the perspective of the American fleet and their boats landing in Tunis. There will also be an Enchanted Tiki Room and the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. Additionally, there will be a Swiss Family Treehouse on an island and a nearby Indonesian Junk that guests can board to reach the island.

New Orleans Square would have a Pirates of the Caribbean like the one in California and a Haunted Mansion like the one in California.

Liberty Square would have the Hall of Presidents and a ride called the Legend of Sleepy Hollow that shares some ride technology with the Mystic Manor attraction in Hong Kong Disneyland.

Frontierland would have a Rivers of America with two paddle wheelers, the Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn that are similar in size and shape to the Mark Twain in Tokyo Disneyland. There would also be a Big Thunder Mountain, a Western River Expedition, a Splash Mountain, and a Country Bear Jamboree.

Discoveryland would be steampunk themed similar to the one in Disneyland Paris. There would be the Journey to the Center of the Earth like the attraction at Tokyo DisneySea. There would also be a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction that doesn't go underwater like the one at Tokyo DisneySea, but would involve ride vehicles similar to the old Nautiluses at Disney World unlike the diving bells at Tokyo DisneySea. There would be a sea or lagoon separating the 20,000 Leagues and Journey to the Center of the Earth attraction from the entrance to Discoveryland with a full size reproduction of the film version of the Nautilus, like the one at Disneyland Paris. There will be a Space Mountain themed to The War of the Worlds and an Autopia themed to something similar to Tijuana Taxi at Knott's Berry Farm. There will also be an Astro Orbiter like the one at Disneyland Paris.

Tomorrowland will have Stitch's Great Escape, though I'm partial to the old ExtraTerrorestrial attraction. There also will be a Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. An updated version of Star Jets set in the late 21st century will sit atop the People Mover loading platform. There will be a Space Mountain the size of the one in Florida, though with a single track where guests sit side by side. There will be an Autopia that has cars inspired by Tesla's Electric cars, though even more futuristic. There will be a Carousel of Progress as well.

Star Wars Land will have Star Tours and will pretty much be similar to whatever ends up at Disneyland or at Hollywood Studios. Since there are still some unknowns about those lands, I will have to leave a big question mark as to the actual E-ticket rides and other attractions that will go in this land.

Fantasyland will have a new Cinderella Castle, similar though yet different to the one in Florida. There will also be a King Arthur's Carousel, a Mad Hatter Tea Party, two Dumbo's Flying Elephants, a Beauty and the Beast ride. There will also be other rides including The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Peter Pan's Flight, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, and Snow White's Scary Adventure. There will also be a Storybook Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train, a Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster, an Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid, and It's a Small World.

Each of these lands will have numerous shops and restaurants themed to the surrounding attractions and carrying the overall theme of this Disneyland. Well, I'm posting some of the rough maps I've drawn up for each land. Some of the locations are a little off on the individual maps since they would need to fit in the circle or oval shaped park. However, they are rough approximations so forgive the simplicity of my renderings.

So the park would be a mix between Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park, which are very similar anyway. It needs more original ideas, the Tomorrowland is literally exactly the same as in Magic Kingdom.

Personally should’nt the Texas Disney park if it were to ever come I wish it was true should be closer to Austin since the city is rapidly growing and the economy is doing great. I think Austin is an up and coming US City that deserves to have a theme park Resort. Somewhere between Austin and San Antonio. Not directly in San Antonio. Again it is not very likely at all a Disney Park will be coming to the US again. Their focus seems to be with the overseas Disney Parks not here in America. But from what I heard actually Houston is supposed to be the frontrunner to get any sort of Disney Park. Their was land bought in Katy,TX which isn’t to far from Houston.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom