NEW HOTEL?

TP2000

So, picturing this, it would be located pretty much west of Frontierland, right? Maybe this new hotel becomes the Disneyland entry point for EMH and Star Wars Land. A sky bridge would do it.

It's actually due west of Critter Country and New Orleans Square. Not sure you could get a sky bridge across four lanes of Disneyland Drive and then a few hundred yards of "backstage" and somehow through to Critter Country with the Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion ride warehouses in the way.

I think the best you could hope for is the rooftop cocktail lounge for fireworks viewing, and a short walk to the Downtown Disney monorail station for park access. It would actually be closer to the monorail station than many rooms at the Disneyland Hotel.

Phroobar

That is some ugly concept art. If they didn't stick Mickey in the picture you would never know that was a Disney hotel. Maybe after this one is built they will remodel PP Hotel?

D

Deleted member 107043

All I can say is it's about time. Even if they started construction tomorrow it would be at least 2 years before it opens, and the report says it'll open in 2021. :grumpy:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 107043

Crazy. Three 4 Diamond hotels on property...it's pretty clear that Disney has decided to let all of the surrounding hotels serve as value "resorts" while they will do their best to maximize revenue per room.

The report states that there is an incentive from the city for developers to build 4 diamond hotels that's been in place since 2015. This explains the recent spate of announcements for new luxury hotels in the area.

rle4lunch

Why can't it replace Paradise Pier? That joint is a joke. 45 minute to 1 hour wait times for the elevator. Nothing like lugging down 10 flights of emergency staircase steps with 60lbs of luggage. Might as well issue fast passes for it. Overpriced hooey.

Travel Junkie

With Disney hotels run at such a high occupancy it really is long overdue. I would imagine this would coincide with the rumored re-working and expansion of DTD.

I wouldn't be surprised if Paradise Pier is knocked down shortly after the new hotel opens.

I think it's pretty funny the Anaheim mayor is ripping Disney for taking advantage of the tax incentive for new luxury hotels. Wasn't this the whole idea? To spur development?

SSG

Original Poster
The report states that there is an incentive from the city for developers to build 4 diamond hotels that's been in place since 2015. This explains the recent spate of announcements for new luxury hotels in the area.
Yes : "a city incentive program that allows any four-star or four-diamond hotel to keep 70% of the bed taxes for 20 years. The tax represents 15% of the nightly rate."

So, 700 rooms going for $450 a night on average. Heck of a lot of cash over 20 years.

SSG

Original Poster
I think it's pretty funny the Anaheim mayor is ripping Disney for taking advantage of the tax incentive for new luxury hotels. Wasn't this the whole idea? To spur development?

If I remember right, Tait was against the tax break while Disney pushed hard for it. Seems like he's posturing a bit now to remind voters what side he was on.

MrMagic

That is some ugly concept art. If they didn't stick Mickey in the picture you would never know that was a Disney hotel. Maybe after this one is built they will remodel PP Hotel?
I personally like the concept art, I mean its not the best but it looks ok.

ght

I don't know if I would go as far as saying it is ugly, but it looks like they took concept art for a rather generic luxury hotel and slapped some Disney stuff in it. Hopefully what gets built has a little more of the Disney feel to it.

MrMagic

I don't know if I would go as far as saying it is ugly, but it looks like they took concept art for a rather generic luxury hotel and slapped some Disney stuff in it. Hopefully what gets built has a little more of the Disney feel to it.
The hotel doesn't have a theme yet.

ght

There's no doubt that it will. Most people are going to expect something at least as interesting as the Grand Californian.
Anna and Elsa's Ice Castle Hotel and Spa
24_suiteglace.jpg

SSG

Original Poster
I’d actually like to see a few themed rooms like DLH has. My top pick: The Haunted Mansion Room!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom