deleted

ToTBellHop

I think the gingerbread idea is awesome. I mean they turn a castle turret into a spaceship and people love that because it looks fantastic. But thematically it does not fit necessarily.

Uni has decorated Hogwarts with decorations too. Not really seeing the difference.
I actually agree with you. If we are fine with HEA, then this should be fine. I honestly think this is harmless fun. It's not like they are adding a talking fox to our Tower.

PizzaPlanet

It's interesting that they're using characters that already have a presence in the park: Toy Story, Muppets, Mickey Mouse, and Frozen. But they're missing out on the obvious one! There has to be some untapped potential with the Star Wars Holiday Special. ;)

troy.

Walt Disney Studios Paris...

12-DLP-Star-Wars-Celebration-Tower-of-Terror.jpg

_GUA8119.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

WDWTank

Halloween on Sunset Blvd would be far more appropriate than Christmas on Sunset Blvd. Just sayin'.

So, ToT will become a giant present, a giant gingerbread house, and will have snow projected on it during this nightly event? o_O :banghead:

I'd like to give them points for trying. Really, I would. But based on what I'm reading, I just can't.
The Toy Story segment sounds awesome. But Disney really shouldn't project on the Tower of Terror. Couldn't they do that on the Chinese Theater? Common sense Disney, common sense. And a lack of imagination.....

Cmdr_Crimson

It's interesting that they're using characters that already have a presence in the park: Toy Story, Muppets, Mickey Mouse, and Frozen. But they're missing out on the obvious one! There has to be some untapped potential with the Star Wars Holiday Special. ;)

They have 2 options....
1) Make something animated with those Horrid versions since the tower is so stretchy like them in the holiday special...
12405693_f520.jpg

2) As the show ends....They could play Leia's song from the special...

Last edited:

TDLFan

I dont know... it seems extremely lackluster especially if we compare what we had before with the Osborne lights, There's already a projection show at DHS.

Agreed 100%. This park needed a substantial holiday edition and this is not it. I still can't believe this was described by Disney's creative head as something that will "blow peoples minds!" He actually said that.

DisneyDebRob

I dont know... it seems extremely lackluster especially if we compare what we had before with the Osborne lights, There's already a projection show at DHS.
We can't compare it with Osborne. We just have to say, it's something and let's hope it's not bad. I wonder if the people screaming from the open doors will interfere with whatever they are planning there.

jt04

The Disney faithful will love anything new from the Parks, simply because it's new. The first timers will love it because, well, it's their first time at Disney. The whole "projection" technology is running amok both inside and outside attractions at Disney and other parks as well.

Nah. This technology will only be more utilized in the future. Magical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom