NEW Holiday Inn at Downtown Disney, only $57 per night

jkokbaker

Original Poster
The Holiday Inn at Downtown Disney is opening in November. The starting price are only $57 per night, I have already booked my 12 night stay there, take a look at there site, looks like it is going to be pretty nice, http://www.hiorlando.com/

justdru

I just checked the month of May 2010. Prices went up to about $144.00 a night for a standard room. At that price, I'd definitely pay the extra $40ish a night to take advantage of EMH, Dining Plan, and other features Disney has to offer.

jkokbaker

Original Poster
The special price is only for the first month or so. If you are going in late November or early December it is probably worth taking a look at and saving some money for something else. This is my first trip to Disneyworld, but this looks to be in a good location. Is this a good location to stay?

KeithVH

Wow, it only took HOW long to get that sucker rebuilt? We're going on what - 3 years now?

Anyway. It is an OK location. While the Hilton (was there in '08 on business) is spitting distance from DD parking lot, the Holiday is a bit farther of a walk. Another few thousand feet. But still within walking distace of the bus stop at DD.

ExRoadie

Man, missed this thread before posting in another DTD thread.

Same basic information I got via telephone.

Online is booking for December right now with the very inexpensive rates.

Just checked Hilton versus Holiday Inn check-in December 3rd check-out December 8th

Hilton $139 a night

Holdiay Inn $57 a night.

I can walk a bit further and not get EMH. lol

corjeb

Downtown Disney Holiday Inn Re-Opening Delayed Again?

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/dislb

It looks like the Downtown Disney Holiday Inn re-opening has been delayed again. The website used to say:

"The Holiday Inn Walt Disney World® Resort is now accepting reservations for arrivals after November 22, 2009."

Now it says the date is January 15, 2010.

I guess it's technically possible that they sold out all dates between November 22 and January 15th, but it's highly improbable. For one thing, the price after December 22nd wasn't very good. Secondly, as of two weeks ago, rooms still appeared wide open in December. And thirdly, I can't believe 100% of the rooms of a HI would be booked for such a long duration.

I hope everyone that booked this hotel before January has a backup plan. :dazzle:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
That hotel has been closed for over 5 years. If it hasn't opened yet, with them taking reservations part of the time of its closure, and not being able to honor them, I don't think that it will open any time soon.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Wow, it only took HOW long to get that sucker rebuilt? We're going on what - 3 years now?

Anyway. It is an OK location. While the Hilton (was there in '08 on business) is spitting distance from DD parking lot, the Holiday is a bit farther of a walk. Another few thousand feet. But still within walking distace of the bus stop at DD.

It was heavily damaged by Hurricane Charley in 2004. It's been closed since then.

mkt

Premium Member
how did you book this? I tried to get a quote but it told me it was unavailable.

Thanks Cathy
Don't book it. That place hasn't been opened for years, but sporadically they've taken reservations that they've later had to cancel or send elsewhere, usually off-site.

mkt

Premium Member
an interesting update to this thread.

I was just informed that this property has actually been bought by (or a management contract was given to) IHG Corporate (Holiday Inn's Parent Company) and the majority of the staff is coming over from the former International Drive property.

However, it's still gonna be a while before it opens.

Patrick_Ears

I think the off sites are okay if your on a tight budget or like some people say the extra magic hours on some parks is not worth it. But staying on the grounds for me and my family is great!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom