New HKDL Park Pictures

gardabble

One comment I will make about the park that is gonna be disappointing is Sleeping Beauty castle. It is not as big as what it is shown on the photos. Be prepared for a shocker. Usually the castle determines how big that park is, maybe DLHK will consider renovating it later on.

jrriddle

Original Poster
gardabble said:
One comment I will make about the park that is gonna be disappointing is Sleeping Beauty castle. It is not as big as what it is shown on the photos. Be prepared for a shocker. Usually the castle determines how big that park is, maybe DLHK will consider renovating it later on.
I remember one of the rumours going around before they even stated construction, was that the castle was going to be fitted with fibre optic lights so that the entire castle could change colours at night.

peter11435

gardabble said:
Well it is exactly the same size as Disneyland's and it is exactly the same size in real life as it is in pictures. It just may look bigger in pictures. Also the size if the castle is in no way related to the size of the park.

gardabble

peter11435 said:
Also the size if the castle is in no way related to the size of the park.

True, but coming from WDW (Cinderella Castle) and seeing the castle in HK (Sleeping Beauty Castle) is a huge difference in size. I never knew the size ratio is that far.

gardabble

jrriddle said:
I remember one of the rumours going around before they even stated construction, was that the castle was going to be fitted with fibre optic lights so that the entire castle could change colours at night.

I hope that rumor is true, given the site is still under construction.

cherrynegra

gardabble said:
True, but coming from WDW (Cinderella Castle) and seeing the castle in HK (Sleeping Beauty Castle) is a huge difference in size. I never knew the size ratio is that far.

It's not the size of the castle that matters, it's the magic that's in it!! :sohappy: what? :lookaroun what? :lookaroun

dxwwf3

The park looks nicer than I expected. Maybe not as good as the other MK parks around the world, but it's a start.

stitchcastle

the 2 hotels look amazing. Sure the other one is almost the identical twin of the Grand Floridian but still...it looks amazing with all those green mountains around it.

The small castle fits perfectly with the charm and elegance of the park.

Just like Cinderella Castle nicely underlines the scale and grandeur of MK and TDL and Le Chateu De La Belle Au Bois Dormant represents the fantastically exquisite detail and style of DLP, HKDL's Sleeping Beauty Castle is a throwback to the original "Disneyland" introducing the chinese to the concept the same way the first park did for america. Simple yet magical.

Tatton

cherrynegra said:
Yes, I'm with the "charming group" as far as the mountains in the background. I don't think they're going to have a problem filling this park with people. I wonder if maybe they were frightened off by what happened with DLP and they started small as a result.

To me though... with most of the Magic Kingdom parks (Paris, HK), there just doesnt look much space to expand that particular park, or am I wrong??

tomm4004

The Cantonese news broadcast in Toronto runs a story about HKDL nearly every night. On Monday they showed the fireworks (quite spectacular), but the story was titled "Hong Kong Disneyland Fireworks Harmful." Unfortunately, I can't speak Cantonese so I don't know the nature of the supposed harm, but they interviewed people and flashed lots of numbers on the screen. I guessed they were talking about the fallout blowing into the surrounding areas. Last night, it was about the Penny's Bay emergency response teams that would service the resort. They showed them performing drills. I imagine they will run these stories until opening and beyond. They run during the Hong Kong news section at about 9:35pm and after - if you get OMNI2 Toronto.

gardabble

Tatton said:
To me though... with most of the Magic Kingdom parks (Paris, HK), there just doesnt look much space to expand that particular park, or am I wrong??

You are wrong, there is a gap just north of the tracks of Fantasyland (especially that space gap just west of Storybook Theatre) and just west of the tracks of Adventureland. Plus the otherside of the Monstrous Whale fountain in front of gate entrance that is Phase 2 where there is reclamation still going on.

jrriddle

Original Poster
tomm4004 said:
The Cantonese news broadcast in Toronto runs a story about HKDL nearly every night. On Monday they showed the fireworks (quite spectacular), but the story was titled "Hong Kong Disneyland Fireworks Harmful." Unfortunately, I can't speak Cantonese so I don't know the nature of the supposed harm, but they interviewed people and flashed lots of numbers on the screen. I guessed they were talking about the fallout blowing into the surrounding areas. Last night, it was about the Penny's Bay emergency response teams that would service the resort. They showed them performing drills. I imagine they will run these stories until opening and beyond. They run during the Hong Kong news section at about 9:35pm and after - if you get OMNI2 Toronto.

Thanks for the tip! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom