1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando' started by Coaster Lover, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Bairstow

Bairstow Well-Known Member

2. clemmo

clemmo Well-Known Member

Somehow I've been living under a rock and missed this announcement. This year was my first time ever going to UNI and I really enjoyed the Potter atmosphere that both lands provided but was disappointed that I couldn't ride FJ due to its reputation as being really tough on motion sensitive people, so this will really round out Hogsmeade for people who had to bypass FJ. I'd love to see them add a sit down restaurant here as well sense from what I saw they have a QS and pub but neither potter land seems to have a real immersive sit down unless I missed it.

3. imperius

imperius Well-Known Member

They do, but there isn't any info out there for this ride yet. Highly doubt it's going to need glasses of any kind.

4. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

Younger side? It has a 54" requirement. Kids that tall could have kids of their own.

5. neoshinok

neoshinok Well-Known Member

My small request to UO; Make a good sized locker area! Both Potter rides locker rooms are such a cluster.

Fantasmicguy and Corey P like this.
  6. Derrit

Derrit Well-Known Member

Indeed, currently they're Dangerous

AndrewsJ likes this.
  7. imperius

Not at this time.

8. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

Younger is such a vague concept.. I consider "younger" as age 21 now that I'm old ;)

But on a serious note, when referencing rides that "younger kids can go on" I categorize that as @ age 8 and under.

9. Bairstow

Bairstow Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that whatever this project is, there's been no announcement that Sinbad or Poseidon would be replaced. I'd gladly sacrifice both to keep the dragons, especially if their replacement wasn't a high thrill ride.

10. imperius

Dragons was marked for replacement for awhile now. First with the stopping duel and then wear and tear. Not worth a rebuild so best to take it down for something themed better and up to JKs wants.

Tom Morrow likes this.
  11. trr1

trr1 Well-Known Member

maybe something like the Mummy?

Corey P likes this.
  12. AndrewsJ

AndrewsJ Well-Known Member

Exactly what I say. Sure it can accommodate tons of people an hour but it doesn't because not that many people ride. I personally love it but haven't had to wait in line in many years. It takes longer to walk the queue than it does to actually get on the ride. On the busiest of days trains are sometimes only half full and no wait time.

Two of the best B&M inverts ever built. My dream is to see Sea World or another park purchase them and rebuild. These are nothing like the bare bones Batman inverts at Six Flags parks. These are quality no expense spared. I'm excited for the new ride but I really hope to see these 2 coasters live on somewhere else.

Tom Morrow and Just4Pics like this.
  13. 21stamps

Sorry bud, as much as I loved this ride I won't rate it as one of B&M's best inversions. I'd give that award to this-
    IMG_2859.JPG

I do agree with your last sentence..I would like to see them relocated too!

14. 21stamps

I would really like to see this ride replaced with some kind of record breaking attraction.

15. JT3000

JT3000 Well-Known Member

What sort of record would they break? It's not going to be an extreme thrill ride.

16. 21stamps

Longest or most air time etc... those don't have to be 54" height requirement

17. Just4Pics

Just4Pics Well-Known Member

It's funny that you say that because I was just thinking that would be a good move for them, especially as they transition away from animal shows to rides.

18. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Well-Known Member

I actually wonder if they are indeed selling the tracks or scrapping them, and if they sell them, will they sell them individually if the opportunity comes up?

19. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

They just parked one of these out back of the place.
    [​IMG]

JoeCamel likes this.
  20. Corey P

Corey P Well-Known Member

I guess there is probably a market for used rides but I don't see the coasters being worth much if they have to be rebuilt so they might just be scrapped. What exactly are you buying if most of the pieces are worn out?