New Hard Ticket "Event" at MK in the morning

Second Star to the Right

I was just checking out the hours for my upcoming trip and I noticed on our first day there (September 27th) they have a hard ticket event listed in MK from 7:45 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. I hadn't seen anything about this before so I called up ASAP.

The CM I spoke with explained it's a new "event" in which you can get early access to the park and get on three designated rides (Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan's Flight and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) as well as breakfast at Pinocchio Village Haus.

All for the grand total of $73.49/adult, and $60 something for kids....

As the Church Lady would say, "Well, isn't that special".

I was all prepared to be there for rope drop on the first day to potentially get somewhat of a jump, but now they are having you pay to basically get EMH (and not as good because this is open to everyone willing to pay). What is the benefit of staying on-site besides free transportation and being in the Disney bubble at this point? Anyone else find this frustrating?

21stamps

This has been around for a few months. I think it just recently got extended thru the fall...It seems popular and I would think they will keep it around permantly

But don't worry! It doesn't replace EMH. It's on a different morning. They will never be offered consecutively.

If you don't want to attend the event the still do Rope Drop and you will be fine :)

Have a wonderful trip!

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I was just checking out the hours for my upcoming trip and I noticed on our first day there (September 27th) they have a hard ticket event listed in MK from 7:45 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. I hadn't seen anything about this before so I called up ASAP.

The CM I spoke with explained it's a new "event" in which you can get early access to the park and get on three designated rides (Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan's Flight and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) as well as breakfast at Pinocchio Village Haus.

All for the grand total of $73.49/adult, and $60 something for kids....

As the Church Lady would say, "Well, isn't that special".

I was all prepared to be there for rope drop on the first day to potentially get somewhat of a jump, but now they are having you pay to basically get EMH (and not as good because this is open to everyone willing to pay). What is the benefit of staying on-site besides free transportation and being in the Disney bubble at this point? Anyone else find this frustrating?
It is also offered at DHS beginning 8/1, so plan accordingly.

Upvote 0

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
Still feels like an outrageous price for 3 rides and a breakfast. It's really nice for those staying off-site, but I can't imagine paying extra to get in a bit earlier. I wonder if they extended it into fall because they are expecting the crowds to be greater than normal? I've been hearing this summer hasn't been as busy as expected, so maybe everone is wising up and going in the fall :)

Upvote 0

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
This has been around for a few months. I think it just recently got extended thru the fall...It seems popular and I would think they will keep it around permantly

But don't worry! It doesn't replace EMH. It's on a different morning. They will never be offered consecutively.

If you don't want to attend the event the still do Rope Drop and you will be fine :)

Have a wonderful trip!
It must have just been added because I was checking something on the site a few days ago and didn't notice that. I'm very intrigued by it and personally wouldn't pay that much more for something like that, but I can certainly see the appeal.

Upvote 0

DisneyFans4Life

What happens after 9am if you don't have a regular ticket? $75 to get in early and a breakfast and then stay all day is a pretty good deal..

That is of course unless they have some way of checking...

Upvote 0
What happens after 9am if you don't have a regular ticket? $75 to get in early and a breakfast and then stay all day is a pretty good deal..

The website says it is in addition to regular theme park admission. I imagine you don't get in the park without touching the band. Just as if you had a pre-rope drop ADR at Crystal Palace or CRT.

Upvote 0

DisneyFans4Life

With the parties like MNSSHP, they give you a wrist band that you have to wear the entire night. If they gave you a wrist band for this, you'd just have to take it off after 9am.

Like @Abby's Daddy said, they probably will make you scan your band to 1) ensure you have paid for the extra hours and 2) ensure you have a full day ticket.

This isn't something I'd pay extra for, but it's obviously popular enough for them to be adding it to other parks.

Upvote 0

21stamps

It's in addition to regular admission. There is a new one for HS as well.
It must have just been added because I was checking something on the site a few days ago and didn't notice that. I'm very intrigued by it and personally wouldn't pay that much more for something like that, but I can certainly see the appeal.
It was just extended. Started in the spring and now they announced that more dates have been added. I'm hoping they get extended thru winter as well. I don't need the MK one, but would like to do an early morning at Hollywood Studios.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Still feels like an outrageous price for 3 rides and a breakfast. It's really nice for those staying off-site, but I can't imagine paying extra to get in a bit earlier. I wonder if they extended it into fall because they are expecting the crowds to be greater than normal? I've been hearing this summer hasn't been as busy as expected, so maybe everone is wising up and going in the fall :)

I agree. Disney should be improving its crowd management and ride capacity, instead of forcing guests to pay more for reasonable access to attractions. But, if people are willing to pay for special access instead of demanding that Disney fix its own problems with wait times or design attractions with improved capacity, that gives Disney no motivation to address the issue... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Well I spent the cash for this. 2 kids, a junior and 2 adults. Back in June on one of the Saturdays. It was expensive but I did feel like we got our moneys worth. The worse part was the line up waitingf for them to let us enter. We didn't get to enter right on time and we were all standing in the sun. Anyways must have rode Peter Pan 13 times. Winnie twice and 7DMT 3 times. I would have done 7DMT more but I had the 2 diaper ones while the big ones went with my friend and did the coaster. Then at 9 when the crowds were allowed in we went and ate and it was one of the better spreads Disney has put out. Nice variety everything fresh everyone nice, very peaceful breakfast.
I would do it again with the kids.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yensid67

[QUOTE...It seems popular and I would think they will keep it around permanently...

Of course it's popular and as long as guests are PAYING for the experience, DISNEY will most definitely keep this until it runs it course...it's more money for them above the park ticket! To me it's not worth it and I would not pay it, although I am 49 years old with no kids.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom