News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Creathir

Let's just say some are going in places others would rather they weren't.
How can this even be possible...

Totally understand the desire of some to not like placement for one reason or another.

But how could that still be up for debate even?!?

That means whomever is opposing it has considerable sway in the decision making process.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Please say that at the very least we won't see the gondolas directly behind the Eiffel Tower.

That would be kinda hard to avoid. In the pic below, the red lines are the cables. They might be lower, and not likely to be any higher.

And due to the forced perspective, the 8-person gondolas will look to be like the giant ones that can hold 30.

upload_2017-9-24_12-46-42.png

lazyboy97o

How can this even be possible...

Totally understand the desire of some to not like placement for one reason or another.

But how could that still be up for debate even?!?

That means whomever is opposing it has considerable sway in the decision making process.
Imagineers aren’t even allowed to talk about their projects with other Imagineers. Disney is so layered and compartmentalized, it’s very easy for this sort of thing to happen and feeds into the high cost of Disney projects.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Imagineers aren’t even allowed to talk about their projects with other Imagineers. Disney is so layered and compartmentalized, it’s very easy for this sort of thing to happen and feeds into the high cost of Disney projects.
It always amazes me to see how inefficient TWDC is at building these types of projects. After all these years you would think they, senior management, would realize and make some changes. Then again it's the same company that can't figure out how to make a decent website work so it shouldn't be that surprising.

Cosmic Commando

No more of this "well you take a boat here, then a bus here, then a monorail, then a gondola to get there." You literally could end up doing that with this system. Like say a guest was at the Poly, and they want to get to Riviera resort. They could actually end up taking boat to MK, then finding out the express and resort monorails are down with huge lines for the buses, so they take the bus waiting to take them to TTC, then get on the Epcot monorail, walk through Epcot and get on the gondola to Riviera, lol. A lot of people would say screw it and use a cab halfway through, but yes it will happen, lol.
Boat or monorail to MK, bus to Riviera. There's no conceivable bus line on Earth that would make me go from MK gate > TTC > Epcot > 3/4 mile walk > gondola when I could just stand in line for the bus. Heck, you could even take a bus for any other gondola resort or Y&B or Boardwalk even if all of those were horribly backed up. I could get from the Poly to the Grand Flo through Animal Kingdom, but it just doesn't make sense.

britain

So then its not unacceptable. Its only unacceptable if ... you don't accept it.

Choosing to return makes it acceptable.

I don't find your logic convincing. I think a person can go to the parks and have a wonderful time, and yet still disapprove of changes they make here and there. (Kind of like being an American.)

How much are your kids charging you nowadays?

LOL They're merciless I tell you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom