News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Kman101

I know the *plan* is to eliminate some bus service (and now they have Minnie Vans you can use for $20 ;) but I have to wonder if guest feedback may force them to keep some sort of bus service. We'll see. I'll gladly take the gondola but I don't know if they will just shrug and say sorry, no bus, take the gondola, have a magical day. But they could I guess.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know the *plan* is to eliminate some bus service (and now they have Minnie Vans you can use for $20 ;) but I have to wonder if guest feedback may force them to keep some sort of bus service. We'll see. I'll gladly take the gondola but I don't know if they will just shrug and say sorry, no bus, take the gondola, have a magical day. But they could I guess.

The question is, how much bus service can you eliminate and still have it be practical? One bus making the loop from all four resorts to both parks once an hours?

Kman101

The question is, how much bus service can you eliminate and still have it be practical? One bus making the loop from all four resorts to both parks once an hours?

I agree. I don't know how they can work it but I really do think they're going to have a potential issue if they say, sorry, no bus service, but then again maybe they won't. Guess we'll have to see if they change their minds. I support the idea of less bus service if there's a nicer transportation mode but guests are creatures of habit. They're going to want busses too.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I agree. I don't know how they can work it but I really do think they're going to have a potential issue if they say, sorry, no bus service, but then again maybe they won't. Guess we'll have to see if they change their minds. I support the idea of less bus service if there's a nicer transportation mode but guests are creatures of habit. They're going to want busses too.

The good thing is, that it won't be hard to change this decision at any time.

dvitali

Unless there is a elevator and ramps at each stations all scooters and wheelchairs would still need buses sometimes. Two CM at each stations to help to load and unload for three shifts. Need to keep it power to it 24/7. Ugly site lines outside those preferred rooms overlooking the lakes. There a lot of minuses than pluses to consider.

allgiggles

Unless there is a elevator and ramps at each stations all scooters and wheelchairs would still need buses sometimes. Two CM at each stations to help to load and unload for three shifts. Need to keep it power to it 24/7. Ugly site lines outside those preferred rooms overlooking the lakes. There a lot of minuses than pluses to consider.

I believe it's already been confirmed that the stations will be at ground level (or very close to it) and there will be no need to have ramps to get on the individual cars as they will be flush with the floor of the loading platform.

SLUSHIE

Just repeating what sources have said. Part of the value of the gondolas to Disney is the savings on buses. Even limited bus transportation would still have to run quite a bit to be useful.
There will still be buses. Anyone that parked at Epcot and then took the gondola to Studios, is going to need to take a bus back to their car after closing.

TrojanUSC

There will still be buses. Anyone that parked at Epcot and then took the monorail to Studios, is going to need to take a bus back to their car after closing.

Monorail to the Studios? Huh?

There will be busses but not to/from the resorts serviced by the gondola.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Two CM's per station is probably less then is needed now to run busses on the same route. Why would you need to be powered 24/7?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Bus. Like I said.

If a bus is running from DHS to the front gate of Epcot now, then they will presumably be doing the same thing when the gondola opens. The buses that will be eliminated are the ones from AOA, Pop, CBR and Riviera to DHS and Epcot.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Luckily for you, all those minuses have already been responded to in this thread. Enjoy the read!

Goofyernmost

I have to agree that there would still have to be buses running. Maybe not as many or as frequent, but, there will be a number of people that are fearful of gondolas. The Monorail resorts also have boat options. I would be greatly surprised if there are no buses running to DHS or Epcot from those places. However even if they didn't they still have to have buses running to MK and DAK. They can be used to make connections to any of the parks. The gondolas would obviously be the fastest way, but, not the only way. I don't think anyone need worry about that.

peter11435

I have to agree that there would still have to be buses running. Maybe not as many or as frequent, but, there will be a number of people that are fearful of gondolas. The Monorail resorts also have boat options. I would be greatly surprised if there are no buses running to DHS or Epcot from those places. However even if they didn't they still have to have buses running to MK and DAK. They can be used to make connections to any of the parks. The gondolas would obviously be the fastest way, but, not the only way. I don't think anyone need worry about that.
Here we go again...

Goofyernmost

Here we go again...
What do you mean... here we go again? When did it stop! Besides common sense will dictate that it cannot be abandoned completely. The gondola will feed it's own crowd out of curiosity and, in my case, it just looks like fun. But there will always be a group that cannot use it and there has to be an alternative whether you can see and understand that or not. However, I was expressing my opinion.. what say we wait until it is an actuality and see what they do. Otherwise we are just tossing "stuff" at the wall and seeing what sticks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What do you mean... here we go again?

It means this has been discussed before in this thread, several times.

Surely WDW would never discontinue buses from those resorts to Epcot and DHS... I can't conceive of it!

Surely WDW wouldn't allow a transportation system that doesn't have A/C... I can't conceive of it!

Surely WDW wouldn't allow us to see the backstage of Epcot... I can't conceive of it!

Surely WDW wouldn't put us in danger of lightning strikes... I can't conceive of it.

And repeat.

And despite the fact it's happening, and all those concerns get answered, we continue to get the same exact "Surely they wouldn't....!" again.

Unlike others who jumped into this thread late and didn't read it all... you've been following this thread... so, why are you bringing up the buses again? You want to rehash everything you said about them on May 7?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom