News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It's interesting that not only will AoA have a connection to HS through the gondola system, but also the new entrance to HS will be more or less right across the street from AoA.

truecoat

That is a chairlift style, similar to the one in Blizzard Beach. I highly doubt that WDW would go with that over a gondola style. I imagine they will want at least 4 per car, plus the ability to hold some sort of luggage IE backpacks or strollers. Running with a gondola more like this
images

would allow them to put 6-8 people in a cabin and have the ability to hold backpacks/folded strollers safely. I can't see them going full on tram style and putting 30-50 people in a single car at once, but 6-8 in a car is very reasonable. Some of the higher end/more recent models include music and heating for use during the winter, so you can still get music, AC might be tough. But fully enclosed also provides protection from a sudden rain storm that Florida loves to get.

That appears to be what's coming or something close to 10 passenger cars.

allgiggles

That is a chairlift style, similar to the one in Blizzard Beach. I highly doubt that WDW would go with that over a gondola style. I imagine they will want at least 4 per car, plus the ability to hold some sort of luggage IE backpacks or strollers. Running with a gondola more like this
images

would allow them to put 6-8 people in a cabin and have the ability to hold backpacks/folded strollers safely. I can't see them going full on tram style and putting 30-50 people in a single car at once, but 6-8 in a car is very reasonable. Some of the higher end/more recent models include music and heating for use during the winter, so you can still get music, AC might be tough. But fully enclosed also provides protection from a sudden rain storm that Florida loves to get.

Yes, I'm well aware that it's not the same thing as I've been following this thread from day 1 and have seen all the pictures and videos of what is planned for Disney. That's why my quoted post says: "I know that's not what's going to be at Disney World....."

:)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How are they going to vent the humidity?

Ambient humidity can't be 'vented'. Whether you're standing still outside, sitting down, or feeling a breeze on the Tomorrowland People Mover -- the humidity doesn't change.

Now, in a enclosed space, humans can increase the ambient humidity because they're warm bags of water. Breath and sweat puts moisture in the air. So, in a enclosed space, all you need is just enough new air from outside coming in too push out the moister air on the inside.

The gondolas will do that with vents at the bottom and top of the gondola. As heat rises (from human warmth or sunlight), it will go out the top drawing new air in from the bottom. Also, traveling at about 15 mph will cause even more air to vent through.

That air venting through will not lower the humidity to anything lower than the ambient humidity in the same way the breeze from being on the safari trek truck does not 'vent humidity.' But it will keep it from increasing to a level higher than ambient humidity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom