News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Club34

This represents what the closest a gondola would be coming to what I believe is the quiet pool you talk of. It's likely the gondola would be a little lower and further away.

View attachment 211208

thats a nice little pool tucked away there. don't think i have seen that before, not that i have ever stayed at that resort. will have to do some recon work next trip. possibly pull off a pool poach, which i haven't done in years. LOL.

allgiggles

Oh, I really didn't need to see that. That's not going to do anything to ease my personal concerns about a Gondola system. I'm gonna need a really big dose of Ativan on DHS & EP days if we're staying at AoA once this system is in place.

And while we're at it, did everyone see this?

http://poststar.com/news/local/teen...cle_d05906a8-0dd3-5bbb-a9ec-48d42732e95c.html

I know that's not what's going to be at Disney World, but both of these stories are the epitome of my irrational fears of riding these things. And I've been to the park where this happened.

cjkeating

Oh, I really didn't need to see that. That's not going to do anything to ease my personal concerns about a Gondola system. I'm gonna need a really big dose of Ativan on DHS & EP days if we're staying at AoA once this system is in place.

And while we're at it, did everyone see this?

http://poststar.com/news/local/teen...cle_d05906a8-0dd3-5bbb-a9ec-48d42732e95c.html

I know that's not what's going to be at Disney World, but both of these stories are the epitome of my irrational fears of riding these things. And I've been to the park where this happened.

Do you ever drive or travel in a car? Just think about how many people die in cars every hour...

allgiggles

Do you ever drive or travel in a car? Just think about how many people die in cars every hour...

Oh, I know. I'm married to an engineer and he can spout off all kinds of statistics about that, but to my irrational anxiety-driven thought process, they don't really matter. :D The ironic part....we drive over 1,000 miles one way to Disney (and I do have a little anxiety over that), but my biggest concern is that my Gondola will fall from the sky (or somehow the door will open and I or one of the kids (who are late teens/adults) will somehow slide right out of the open door) during the few minutes I'm on it. On paper, I can see how ridiculous that concern is, but internally it's a little harder to grasp. Ativan and meditation are my friends in situations like this. :)

Bartattack

A tree fell on the car! What does that have to do with WDW?
Nothing... I was just Reading this thread when this came on the news. It was a weird coincidence and not something I was expecting. Doesn't chance the fact I 'm stil convinced of the safety and convenience of this kind of transportation. It's just you don't hear many accidents happening with these.

JoeCamel

Nothing... I was just Reading this thread when this came on the news. It was a weird coincidence and not something I was expecting. Doesn't chance the fact I 'm stil convinced of the safety and convenience of this kind of transportation. It's just you don't hear many accidents happening with these.
If you want to post something dramatic happening to a gondola system go get the one where the fighter jet cut the cables in Italy. Now there is drama for you!

JoeCamel

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom