News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
No, the primary ROI is the money that comes in to visit whatever the I is. Guest satisfaction doesn't have anything to do with it, because if they have already Returned, thus the Investment is bringing that money in, regardless of what the satisfaction scores say
So you are saying people booked entire Disney vacations specifically because of FEA? That is absurd. It may have been an ancillary factor, but not the primary. Returning guests are satisfied to see new attractions added, they do not book an entire vacations because a C ticket was built. I was not referring to satisfaction on surveys.
The monorail is transportation. Cindy's Castle, Spaceship Earth, Mickey, those are the icons of the resort.
The monorail is indeed a symbol that represents Walt Disney World.
I really don't understand the blind love for the monorail. It isn't an efficient system for WDW's guest flow.
Are you saying Gondolas will be more efficient?

Kamikaze

So you are saying people booked entire Disney vacations specifically because of FEA? That is absurd. It may have been an ancillary factor, but not the primary. Returning guests are satisfied to see new attractions added, they do not book an entire vacations because a C ticket was built. I was not referring to satisfaction on surveys.

There are some, yes. And there will be a ridiculous amount that book for only SWL.

The monorail is indeed a symbol that represents Walt Disney World.

To a point.

Are you saying Gondolas will be more efficient?

There isn't even a debate that this is the case. I did the math very early on in this thread. The numbers aren't even close.

Clamman73

Several Bond films had gondola scenes, that I can recall, at least one or two of which had fights or Bond nearly getting knocked off cables by oncoming gondolas.

I still want gondolas. :)
If you see this happening at the International Gateway station, walk to Studios.
jaws-teeth-james-bond-prop-replica-9.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You know what happens when you assume? I actually STOPPED visiting for most of that time. Was a frequent visitor before then. Much prefer DLR now.

Also, one post ago you were blaming upkeep. Now you're blaming efficiency? Regardless, it doesn't matter. On a closed system, there is always a point where you cannot add capacity or keep up with the amount of traffic. On a system like the WDW monorail, thats not that many trains.

PS: Its 'en masse'.

Im blaming maintenance NOW because you cannot achieve schedule reliability with equipment which is breaking down due to lack of maintenance And you cant move large numbers of passengers without schedule reliability.

Kamikaze

Im blaming maintenance NOW because you cannot achieve schedule reliability with equipment which is breaking down due to lack of maintenance And you cant move large numbers of passengers without schedule reliability.

And you can't move large numbers of passengers when the system has a HRC that is too low for that number at peak times. Period. That is the problem with the monorail, not anything else.

Kman101

I actually think the monorails are being kept in better condition, at least on the inside. I do notice from trip reports that they seem to be having a lot of trouble and downtime (be it planned or not, it still doesn't look good), but I was on a few a few weeks ago and I promise you on one the air actually worked, it was clean and the carpeting on the walls had been changed. I also smelled no odor. I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe not all of them are great inside but there has been an improvement there.

Now back to the Gondolas ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom