New Frozen Show replacing Aladdin at DCA

Burgower1994

Original Poster
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-to-disney-california-adventure-park-in-2016/

Very sad news to report with the closing of Aladdin the Musical and replacing it with Frozen the musical. The last day we can see Aladdin is January 10,2016.

I have sa couple of questions?
-will frozen sing along continue or is this the return of Muppets?
-Will they do a makeover of the Hyperion Theater?

Will be interesting to see what happens with Hollywood land when this opens in the summer of 2016

Nland316

Pretty unexpected imo. I honestly thought that they would just milk the current sing a long show in Muppets. Sad to see Aladdin go, but the change is welcome. Kinda wish we were getting the Tangled production that's coming to the Cruiseline instead. But it's not a big deal.

GiveMeTheMusic

Don't wanna toot my own horn, but I've been hinting at this for a long time. Surprised that this was announced now, but it is a welcome change. It's also why the singalong show will likely close next year. No need for two Frozen shows in one land.

DisneyManOne

Just when you thought there couldn't be anymore closings of beloved rides because of corporate greed...

"Disney’s blockbuster musical “Frozen” has become a true phenomenon around the world and soon, the story of “Frozen” will come to spectacular life in an all-new theatrical production in summer 2016 at the Hyperion Theater at Disney California Adventure park."

That's right...the beloved park classic Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular is going to close just so there can be even more "Frozen".

Honestly, I think this "Frozen" quagmire is the straw that's breaking my back, regarding my faith in Disney parks today--nothing but Frozen. Nothing but Anna, Elsa and Olaf. Nothing but tone-deaf little girls screeching "Let it Go".

At least compare this to when other films came into the parks after their release. Legend of the Lion King replaced the dated Magic Journeys. Beauty and the Beast replaced Dick Tracy (a film that has since gone on to be relatively unknown). When Voyage of the Little Mermaid opened, a Muppet show was already open on the other side of the park.

Compare all those to the shoe-horning in of "Frozen", replacing a beloved park classic--FOR THE SECOND TIME, MAY I ADD--just so those dirty executives can make more money.

Honestly, regarding the whole "Who is worse: Eisner or Iger" debate, I think all this rampant over-merchandising is leading me towards the "Iger is worse" camp.

But, it doesn't have to be this way. I'm sure we can pull together and save the show before corporate greed consumes it all. Go to every petition-based site, look up "Keep Aladdin at DCA", spread the #KeepTheAladdinShow going over Twitter, let's do everything in our power to save Aladdin from Elsa, or die trying.

Rant over.

TP2000

Don't wanna toot my own horn, but I've been hinting at this for a long time. Surprised that this was announced now, but it is a welcome change. It's also why the singalong show will likely close next year. No need for two Frozen shows in one land.

You're right. You were hinting, and I got what you were hinting at; Frozen replaces Aladdin in 2016. Well done!

And I have to disagree with my friends here like @raven24 because I think this is actually good news. Aladdin has been there for 12+ years. It was clever and fun when it opened in 2003. Solid and steady in 2007. But by 2010 it was time to move on and do something new. Stage shows can't run forever, or else you end up like DHS with dusty old shows from the 1990's that just feel and look tired.

I have every faith that the Frozen show will be fabulous and lavish and utterly entertaining. And I'm not even a Frozen fan, per se.

Californian Elitist

You're right. You were hinting, and I got what you were hinting at; Frozen replaces Aladdin in 2016. Well done!

And I have to disagree with my friends here like @raven24 because I think this is actually good news. Aladdin has been there for 12+ years. It was clever and fun when it opened in 2003. Solid and steady in 2007. But by 2010 it was time to move on and do something new. Stage shows can't run forever, or else you end up like DHS with dusty old shows from the 1990's that just feel and look tired.

I have every faith that the Frozen show will be fabulous and lavish and utterly entertaining. And I'm not even a Frozen fan, per se.

I don't mind Aladdin going. It's the fact they're replacing it with Frozen. That's why I'm heated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom