1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

New Forum Idea: News, Rumors, and Current Events DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Announcements' started by epcot82fan, Feb 15, 2017.

1. epcot82fan

epcot82fan EPCOT Center Purist

I wanted to start a thread about an idea that I just had while I was reading the gondola thread. I'm sure many here would agree that although this site is the best on the internet when it comes to news being posted, it is extremely hard to find the information when it is buried in an extremely long thread where most of the posts are people's opinions. I enjoy reading people's thoughts, and they are an important part of this site, but sometimes I, as well as others, would like to just see updates when it comes to the ongoing projects around WDW. So here is my idea: why not make the current News/Rumors/Current Events board into a board dedicated to nothing but updates regarding all of the projects around the resort? In addition to this, we could create a new forum called News, Rumors, and Current Events Discussion, where we could voice our opinions on all of the news posted in the other forum. It would sure make the site a lot easier to navigate, and with all of the major projects coming up and already in progress, it only makes sense to split the board in two so that there can be a dedicated space for people to discuss, and a dedicated space for people to post news and updates. Just my 2 cents. :)

2. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

The forum was originally established as an extension of the main site at www.wdwmagic.com for the purpose of discussion.

The news and information gets posted onto the main site, and the discussion from the members then follows on the forum.

So for an example, take Rivers of Light.

Its news section on the site is at http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/rivers-of-light/news.htm, and this covers pretty much everything that has happened since its announcement.

Then its related discussion thread is at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...o-be-coming-to-disneys-animal-kingdom.875251/

This is the case for every project for the last 20 odd years.

epcot82fan likes this.
  3. epcot82fan

epcot82fan EPCOT Center Purist Original Poster

What I was referring to was when somebody posts something that doesn't get posted on the main site, it could go into the new forum. For example, when @marni1971 or @WDW1974 shares some insider information, most of the time it is buried in a long thread and is not seen on the main page, and many users find this frustrating. My idea was that we could have one forum dedicated solely to information and rumors being posted, and the other forum would be dedicated to people's thoughts on the subject. So lets use Star Wars Experience as an example. In one forum, we could have a thread dedicated to construction photos, insider information, links to the main page when you have news to share, etc. In the other forum, we could have a thread dedicated to members discussing their opinions on SWE. Think of it as a combination of News and Rumors and General Discussion. Sorry, I should have clarified in my original post. :)

4. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Well-Known Member

But a forum post is a discussion by its very nature.

There's nothing to say you can't take an insider's info and break that out into a separate thread if you think that it is off-topic enough to warrant a new thread. I don't remember what the edit limits are for this site, but maybe the thread's OP editing the first post with a link to posts with such info would also suffice.

epcot82fan likes this.
  5. Dead2009

Dead2009 Well-Known Member