New FL Restrooms / Walkway

bdearl41

It looks so barren there. I liked it more with the trees. Every day it seems the MK is looking more like Six Flags and less compariable to other disney parks and BGW.

I really hope they plant lots of trees like the models.

Tom

Beta Return
It looks so barren there. I liked it more with the trees. Every day it seems the MK is looking more like Six Flags and less compariable to other disney parks and BGW.

Let them finish....

Howdy

Lurker extraordinaire
Premium Member

They just finished clearing it out and started construction, of course it is going to look barren. Do you honestly think that they won't put any foliage back in there? The mentality that I see from so many on these boards sometimes is astounding! If Disney has become such a horrible place and is so far down the tubes then find something else to love and leave the scene

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Time changes things

Before
marty_sklar_X.jpg

After.

29.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Time changes things

Before
marty_sklar_X.jpg

After.

29.jpg

I love it :sohappy:

I think people are more concerned that it will go like this:

Before:
3575233422_99c009a56d_b.jpg

After:
3574424925_405baac702_b.jpg

And yes--people did used to dress like that.

I'm still on the very empty bandwagon that appreciates their tactical removal of trees in some areas. We're all arguing about sight lines, and that works both ways. There are phenomenal pieces of architecture that are meant to be seen at all times - like the castle. I like to walk around the train station and see that majestic landmark staring me down...and growing in size as I walk north.

Now, back in the lands, where you need to feel immersed in a theme, or if they need to hide show buildings, literal forests are a must. But in my personal opinion, trees are not necessary everywhere.

LongtimeReader

I'm on that bandwagon. While I do miss a few tall trees in Town Square and down Main Street, the clearing of the Hub looks far better to me. Just makes it look more majestic and less overgrown.

IlikeDW

I love it :sohappy:

I'm still on the very empty bandwagon that appreciates their tactical removal of trees in some areas. We're all arguing about sight lines, and that works both ways. There are phenomenal pieces of architecture that are meant to be seen at all times - like the castle. I like to walk around the train station and see that majestic landmark staring me down...and growing in size as I walk north.

Now, back in the lands, where you need to feel immersed in a theme, or if they need to hide show buildings, literal forests are a must. But in my personal opinion, trees are not necessary everywhere.

I don't think that bandwagon is so empty, it just has well oiled wheels that dont screech as it rolls sown Main Street. I am with you.

aladdin2007

Have to disagree, it was beautiful with all the trees and the twinkling lights. Now its all barren concrete and flat. Yes you can see the whole castle now which is nice, but still.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Have to disagree, it was beautiful with all the trees and the twinkling lights. Now its all barren concrete and flat. Yes you can see the whole castle now which is nice, but still.

I agree with your disagreement...it was definitely more magical with the trees and twinkling lights.

ToTBellHop

That's what I miss most. I understand taking out trees that had become overgrown and putting new smaller ones in, but I miss the twinkling lights and the trees they put in are SO much smaller than the old ones.

jjharvpro

I'm really looking forward to this new pathway, especially if the rumors of a Tangled theme (with M & G, tower, etc.) are true!! One question which is probably over asked, sorry -- So after this new path opens, with the current one under Columbia Harbor House be blocked off/closed in?

Also, I really like less tree in the hub. It's extremely cool to look back on that and see what it was like (and in some areas, more trees looked better), but with the hub and castle and the sightline from Main Street, less trees = more magical.

hpyhnt 1000

I'm really looking forward to this new pathway, especially if the rumors of a Tangled theme (with M & G, tower, etc.) are true!! One question which is probably over asked, sorry -- So after this new path opens, with the current one under Columbia Harbor House be blocked off/closed in?

Also, I really like less tree in the hub. It's extremely cool to look back on that and see what it was like (and in some areas, more trees looked better), but with the hub and castle and the sightline from Main Street, less trees = more magical.

Columbia Harbour House path will remain. This new path is being done to take pressure off that existing (narrow) pathway between LS and FL and prevent the area from becoming too much of a choke point.

And put me on the tree bandwagon. Doesn't need to be a forest, but the hub and Town Square need their trees back.

rioriz

Columbia Harbour House path will remain. This new path is being done to take pressure off that existing (narrow) pathway between LS and FL and prevent the area from becoming too much of a choke point.

And put me on the tree bandwagon. Doesn't need to be a forest, but the hub and Town Square need their trees back.

I will jump on the wagon also....what was not taken into account back when they first opened was the huge parades and nigthtime castle shows. The trees would have blocked many sightlines and would have made that area more congested.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I will jump on the wagon also....what was not taken into account back when they first opened was the huge parades and nigthtime castle shows. The trees would have blocked many sightlines and would have made that area more congested.
Someone should have told you that logic and reason are not allowed. All change is bad.:rolleyes::lol:

GLaDOS

Some trees should have been cut down, but the slash and burn we've seen has gone a bit overboard, personally. The hub is oppressively hot, and could use some more foliage.

It won't happen, but it would make the place look nicer.

RSoxNo1

Some trees should have been cut down, but the slash and burn we've seen has gone a bit overboard, personally. The hub is oppressively hot, and could use some more foliage.

It won't happen, but it would make the place look nicer.

It's a hard balance to find though - in Disneyland there seems to be more trees, but less visibility for fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom