New FL: More like ToonTown or World Showcase?

Is new FL more like ToonTown or World Showcase?

• Toon Town

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • World Showcase

Votes: 44 67.7%

• Total voters

panther726

But isn't toontown very cartoony? This expansion brings you into the princess' world in a realistic manner. How can this also compare to the cartoony facades and silly atmosphere? :shrug:
Completely agree. The poll gives two choices. World Showcase seems more sensible. I never found toontown to be imersive. World Showcase on the other hand...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
I have to say I am very surprised by the results of the poll so far. I find it a huge stretch to compare this to WS. Comparing it to ToonTown seems natural though. Maybe my love for WS is blinding me.

maleficentfan

I think what people are trying to say is that it's not going to be exactly "World Showcase". Not in the literal sense, anyway. It is going to be a World Showcase, because it's showcasing the "Worlds" of these different Princesses. Do you see where I'm going with this? I really think it's a mixture of the two, with a slight bit more of a world showcase feel.

EPCOT Explorer

I think what people are trying to say is that it's not going to be exactly "World Showcase". Not in the literal sense, anyway. It is going to be a World Showcase, because it's showcasing the "Worlds" of these different Princesses. Do you see where I'm going with this? I really think it's a mixture of the two, with a slight bit more of a world showcase feel.
Exactly. And the general walking around and exploring aspect of it, too. It doesn't need rides to function.

Yet...;)

Studios Fan

WS had announced phase 2, so does FLand. WS never got the phase 2 they wanted. I hope FLand doesn't fall in the same boat.

I hope it doesn't either. Although Lasseter being a Dumbo fan and supervising the Tinkerbell animated stuff probably helps phase 2.

_Scar

I hope it doesn't either. Although Lasseter being a Dumbo fan and supervising the Tinkerbell animated stuff probably helps phase 2.

Hell yes. I think now that they announced it and it got a lot of attention, they'd just create bad publicity if they canned anything. It'd be interesting if they went onto 3, but that's another story.

surfsupdon

I think it'll be more like Toontown. Meaning a place to meet characters.

It'll look beautiful, and feature a type of KidCot thing with characters ie make a card for Aurora and such

DisneyParksFan1

I don't think it will be like any of them simply due to the fact that they serve different purposes. Fantasy Forest is to meet your favorite princesses while giving you great, lush theming, with some new attractions. Toontown is just one big fair with three tents where you can find the Fab Five and some Princesses, while giving you not-so-great theming, and only one kiddie coaster. World Showcase is basically showing you the promise of world unity by introducing the great scenery, and monuments from each country and letting you taste foods that are not so common in our society.

In summary:

-Fantasyland Expansion=Princesses, new attractions, with great theming.
-Toontown Fair=Character M&Gs, kiddie coaster, not-so-great theming.
-World Showcase=World Unity, simple attractions here and there, and great theming.

_Scar

Although Toontown is M&G, you meet the characters in a tent. In new FLand you meet them in their setting and home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom