New film for Soarin'...

mraw

marni1971 said:
mraw - an Omnimax film dosn`t come cheap. Especially an airborne one! Unfortunatley, this would dillute The Lands theme even more...

I`m glad though there isn`t a `Soarin over Disneyworld` film - ever seen how ugly the parks look close up form the air?

An Ominimax film would cost much less than a new pavilion.

CoffeeJedi

If there is a new film, i hope it would still use real photographic footage with seamless transitions between areas. (how would one travel from desert to tundgra though?) Please Disney, no cheesy overused 3D graphics!

stitchcastle

Epcot has World Showcase, if there should be a new ride film why limit it to jus the US when you can soar over the Amazon rainforest, soar the length of the great wall of china, get a rare glimpse of the taj mahal from the sky, fly above the peaks of everest, get an aerial view of Sydney, Paris, and New York, fly over the crescent valley, discover the majesty of the grand canyon from above, fly across the islands of the pacific...the World is a much bigger more interesting place.

SpenceMan01

stitchcastle said:
Epcot has World Showcase, if there should be a new ride film why limit it to jus the US when you can soar over the Amazon rainforest, soar the length of the great wall of china, get a rare glimpse of the taj mahal from the sky, fly above the peaks of everest, get an aerial view of Sydney, Paris, and New York, fly over the crescent valley, discover the majesty of the grand canyon from above, fly across the islands of the pacific...the World is a much bigger more interesting place.

I agree. That would be really cool. Maybe not Paris though... I'd be tempted to spit :lookaroun

I don't think they could do a Soarin' over WDW though. They'd have backstage areas to worry about. How many of your average guests realize that most of Splash Mtn. takes place in a show building behind the mountain (ditto with HM), or that there's a whole crapload of support buildings along with massive employee parking lots just north of MK? I think very few avg. guests know about these, and I don't think Disney would be too keen on killing the show.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
stitchcastle said:

Sounds like a Circlevision film!

(not a bad thing, BTW)

Tim G

martinthesparta said:
Please shoot me if this has been mentioned, but screamscape (I know...I know) has reported that soarin' has a new film in the works for after the 50th, can anyone confirm or deny. This gives me hope that LWTL and the pavillion itself will not sustain any major theme changes.

Well....SCREAMSCAPE...

Nope, It's not true...

GymLeaderPhil

Corrus said:
Well....SCREAMSCAPE...

Nope, It's not true...

LOL

I love these kinds of comments, especially the one about Jim Hill yesterday. No offense to the readers (I read it too), but they aren't they don't rely on the most credible sources all of the time.

Tim G

General Grizz said:
No? That's sad news, then.

Do I get a PM, Corrus? :D
Nope you won't...

I meant there will be no new film in the very near future...

After that... Dunno...

But the opening will be the same as CA...

Remember the "more direct Lifts" I was talking about, a long way back???

General Grizz

Corrus said:
Nope you won't...

I meant there will be no new film in the very near future...

After that... Dunno...

But the opening will be the same as CA...

Remember the "more direct Lifts" I was talking about, a long way back???
Right... I didn't expect one for the near future.

(P.S. As for the PM, I mean the SE subject. Do I still not get one? :D)

Tim G

General Grizz said:
Right... I didn't expect one for the near future.

(P.S. As for the PM, I mean the SE subject. Do I still not get one? :D)

You'll get your PM about the the other EPCOT problem (we were talking about) soon... (i hope)

SSE?

:zipit:

Greetz! :D

General Grizz

Corrus said:
You'll get your PM about the the other EPCOT problem (we were talking about) soon... (i hope)

SSE?

:zipit:

Greetz! :D
Problem? Interesting.

I am looking forward to it. THANKS. :D

OK, back to Soarin'.

Anyone smell Loranges? :)

PhilosophyMagic

In keeping with The Land's ecology theme, I wouldn't mind a Sorin' movie over natural landscapes only, all over the world. That would be quite impressive. Still the California movie is a very good one, so I don't mind seeing it here at all.

By the way, for whoever recommended Sorin' the length of the great wall of China, I wouldn't recommend it. You'd be Sorin' all day. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom