New DVC resort at Contemporary?

MagicalMonorail

Original Poster
Sorry if this was already posted, but I just saw it on Screamscape. It said that DVC might expand to the Contemporary. Anyone know anything about this? I think that this would be wildly popular. DVC is a big hit, and a hotel by the MK would be awesome.

1stStarIC2nite

MagicalMonorail said:
DVC is a big hit, and a hotel by the MK would be awesome.

Well if you count the Wilderness Lodge Villas then there technically is one. But yea, I heard this rumour too, sounds kewl, but I'd rather them build Villas at the Polynesian :D

StevenT

well if screamscape said it it must be true! :lol: :lol:

For some reason I doubt this. I don't quite know why, but I just don't see them expanding the Contemporary any more.

DisneyJill

When I worked there, that was always the rumor. That the north garden tower was coming down and DCV villas would go there in its place. *shrugs* We never knew what to believe. :confused:

Pioneer Hall

I don't think it would work, because you give those people a huge advantage with the monorail. It would easilly make it the most popular DVC resort. I heard that a resort could go near the Eagle Pines Golf Course. Maybe this is just a blending of that rumor.

DisneyPhD

There has been a lot of debate about this in the DVC community too. Management has to make a decision about whether to rehab those North Wing rooms that are getting very outdated or knock 'em down and put DVC there instead. The biggest advantage I see is being able to walk to MK. It would be just about as far to walk to the monorail in the Tower from some of those rooms (and then ride the 'rail all the way around to get to MK). The other issue is that DVC recently announced a phase III for Saratoga Springs (Phase I just opened and Phase II is still under construction). With that in the works and Eagle Pines still on the board too, DVC at the Contemporary might be a long way off. It would be a very popular resort as people have said, being "on" the Monorail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom