New DVC member

Diva120

I was chatting with a couple about DVC resorts once while waiting for the bus back to our shared resort from DTD. They mentioned their home resort was SSR (they were staying at VGF and I was stayed at GF) and they hated it. I was hesitant to book, but it was the only available with a 1 bedroom. We've stayed twice now and really like it, even though my home resorts are VWL & VGF. Of all the DVC resorts, it has the best fitness center (an important amenity for my soon to be son-in-law, lol). And the grounds are lovely. And you cannot beat the proximity to DTD; when the weather is nice, it's a lovely walk along the river to DTD.

We don't hate it, but I am convinced it has bad mojo / weird vibe. Every time we've stayed there is always a really unhappy feel in the air. People mad in the lobby or shop, mad at the bus stops, mad in the pool, and mad in the different building vestibules. They are just....mad.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
No need to. We are at 360 now, but will definitely be adding more in the near future! I hear some members are well over 1,000!!

I feel so deprived - I only have 225! :(

My plan? Have points at all the MK/Monorail resorts just for 11 month home resort booking. Only Poly and BLT to go! Was thinking of purchasing via the resale market, but the restrictions on how those points can be used made me pause. I'm using points for the members only cruise this August.

Thought about picking up some points at SSR, but it's always available.....

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We don't hate it, but I am convinced it has bad mojo / weird vibe. Every time we've stayed there is always a really unhappy feel in the air. People mad in the lobby or shop, mad at the bus stops, mad in the pool, and mad in the different building vestibules. They are just....mad.

I've not noticed those people during our two stays. Maybe we were just lucky. Perhaps those guests should go work out their anger in the fitness center, but not between 7:30 and 9:00 AM, please. Don't want to duck 40 lb. weights. lol

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Wow, sorry you've had that experience. We've stayed there many times, and have not seen that attitude at all.

Diva120

I've not noticed those people during our two stays. Maybe we were just lucky. Perhaps those guests should go work out their anger in the fitness center, but not between 7:30 and 9:00 AM, please. Don't want to duck 40 lb. weights. lol

LMAO! Too true!

Wow, sorry you've had that experience. We've stayed there many times, and have not seen that attitude at all.

I really wish I was being dramatic, lol!

Diva120

Did you use DVC points? And if so, how many did it take?

Great question!
7 nt eastern / Fantasy / Deluxe inside stateroom cat: 10A - Deck 8 / regular season
Cash value of the cruise:$5779.50 for 2 A/1C

All 3 of us on points: 547 points +$95 fee

2 A on points: 430 points
1 C Cash: $823 + $95 fee

We went with point and cash option so we wouldn't drain out our points completely - I think I have 185 points left to play with after banking remainder of 2015 points and using 2016 points. It's wonky cause we have a June UY - needed help from the DVC hotline, LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom