New Disney Bus Paint Scheme

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Add my vote to liking the new color scheme. It would be nice if they would do something to add "magic" to the inside; resort/park specific videos during the day and a "kiss good night" video for the ride back to the resort in the evening. When I'm staying at AKL (my favorite resort), I hate the "cattle car" feel of the bus in the evenings.

One would think that someone staying at a Deluxe resort would get better bus service....

Here ya go. My girlfriend got this shot on the way to work the other day.
OYiVjnP.jpg

AndyS2992

Love it :D

Are these buses just repainted or are they brand new? Disney really needs larger buses with more seats as I dread leaving the parks at night.

PhilharMagician

Like it! While I like the colors purple and red, it did not well for me on the Disney Transport busses.

Just need a rework of the TTC now :)
and a major monorail refurb of course

TTC really need to change with the times. I should say the whole WDW transportation system needs to change. The current TTC was built when MK was WDW, now that the resort has grown and grown mostly to the South and the TTC in no l;onger in the center of the resort. Maybe TTC should be moved to Epcot and completely restructure the transportation system. At least @ Epcot the TTC would be more centered within the resort boundries.

Bparso87

Yes. Disney is all about design. The "Disney Details" don't happen by accident. The image of Walt Disney World is very a part of its emotional and cultural power.
Yea those other bus screamed detaile. I agree that is what I live about Disney is the attention to small things but I don't think the put the effort to the buses.

jklakeview

To me it looks like something classical, like out of the ORIGINAL Disney design. To me it looks like something from the 70s or 80s. I personally love it!

G00fyDad

I don't really care for it. Too much of a retro 40's or 50's design slapped onto a contemporary bus (no, not the resort. ;) ). Having said that, I really have no idea how they could have made the paint job better. I do feel very happy that they did not "commercialize" the paint job and slap a bunch of promos all over it like this:

6czg2h1.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
....Four pages on a new paint job?

Wow, man. We need a new rumor 'round these parts soon.
There are plenty of rumors around, but this is something that is actually being implemented. It is good to talk about what is actually happening as well as the rumors. Anyway, new bus paint scheme is pretty big. We have not had a new paint on busses in a long time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom