New Disney Bus Paint Scheme

Rasvar

The new design is great! Sleak, classy, and timeless. The new bus driver costumes also compliment this design nicely. The old design was just plain white with the old logo stamped on. That logo was very 90's.
Yeah, better than the old one. I think I am just a little tired of the retro styling. Plus, it leans a little to close to the Disney Cruise Line buses. Granted they are different bodies and styles but general colors are similar. I just thought someone could develop something more dynamic. Give an aura of quickness. Granted, quick is not really what you get these days. ;)

G00fyDad

I'm not sure why Disney has not figured out how to make it's bus management system work. It seems a hundred times worse than the old fixed system. My last time on property I was at Coronado Springs. I remember seeing three Magic Kingdom buses show up in a ten minute period. Two of them were only a minute apart. I thought the new system was suppose to stop that from happening. It took 25 minutes for an Animal Kingdom to show up. (Yes, I did ask the second MK bus if it was MK to make sure the marquee was not wrong)

One of our top five reasons for always renting a vehicle.

G00fyDad

I want Disney to have these exact buses. This would be an attraction in itself. Too bad the road infrastructure couldn't handle them. :(

dezeen_A-New-Bus-for-London-by-Heatherwick-Studios-7.jpg

cayz

I want Disney to have these exact buses. This would be an attraction in itself. Too bad the road infrastructure couldn't handle them. :(

They did try bendy-buses, and although it wouldn't look right, their turning radius was only +2 inches. But the driver I talked to agreed it would be a nightmare getting them around places like OKW turn-arounds.

Figment1986

I have several additional photos of the same bus, including front & rear.

My question: why did they put the new paint on an old 2001 Nova, when they could have put it on say, Gilig 5821, from late 2012?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4693290563655.2161631.1035751743&type=1&l=18600d5ca5

perhaps this one was next in the shop and it was decided to try it on this instead? Also it may have been easier to test it on this than the other bus since this is more of a simple box.

juniorthomas

Then riddle me this: If transportation sucks for deluxe guests - between the buses and the constant failings of the monorail - what on earth is my incentive to shell out more money and stay there?
Because every other option is considerably worse. So you have less than enjoyable and then you have basically evil. Pick your poison.

G00fyDad

They did try bendy-buses, and although it wouldn't look right, their turning radius was only +2 inches. But the driver I talked to agreed it would be a nightmare getting them around places like OKW turn-arounds.

That is not an articulated bus. It is a double decker bus.

Club33

I personally like the updated color scheme. It gives the buses a sleek, modern look that was lacking from the previous design. Dare I say the old design and enormous font style was a bit obnoxious? I preferred the late 80s and early 90s look (below) to the previous design, to be perfectly honest.
Disney_Transport_Bus,_Early_1980s_%282789308761%29.jpg

goodlife78

Son, you'd do wise to leave the personal attacks at the door.

To address your points:

1 - No, I dont want my own amusement parks. I want my own theme parks. I will start by putting my portrait overtop a fireplace in the french village.

2 - No, an empty amusement park is a very creepy place and brings in no money. 20-30,000 people are a comfortable guest level.

3 - I've spent plenty of time on buses as well Disney Buses. They're slow and inconvenient for my uses. However If i was at a Deluxe resort paying $500 a night, I should get faster bus service than those paying $100 a night. I wouldn't want to wait 20 minutes for a bus, I want to get to the parks NOW because frankly, why else would I spend $500/night on a room if it weren't for the perks.

I completely understand that each individual resort has to pay for bus service out of its own budget but one would think that the high-end resorts would have better bus service simply because their guests are paying out the nose to stay there. That is not an unrealistic concept.

What you pay for the the luxury of the resort outside those doors your just like all value/moderate resort guests. You know my opinion on things if u don't like it don't use it rent a car ride the monorail,boat whatever. While you sit in your delux resort with larger rooms, nicer pools, better food, lot more food/entertainment available that maybe that's where your extra $goes. As for me I stay at pop, or port Orleans and they are nice for me!!! the beautiful part about Disney is you can be a millionaire or guy who's gotta save every penny to make a vacation of a life time, and everyone gets same treatment, same bus experience,park experience.

goodlife78

Son, you'd do wise to leave the personal attacks at the door.

To address your points:

1 - No, I dont want my own amusement parks. I want my own theme parks. I will start by putting my portrait overtop a fireplace in the french village.

2 - No, an empty amusement park is a very creepy place and brings in no money. 20-30,000 people are a comfortable guest level.

3 - I've spent plenty of time on buses as well Disney Buses. They're slow and inconvenient for my uses. However If i was at a Deluxe resort paying $500 a night, I should get faster bus service than those paying $100 a night. I wouldn't want to wait 20 minutes for a bus, I want to get to the parks NOW because frankly, why else would I spend $500/night on a room if it weren't for the perks.

I completely understand that each individual resort has to pay for bus service out of its own budget but one would think that the high-end resorts would have better bus service simply because their guests are paying out the nose to stay there. That is not an unrealistic concept.

And my last comment isn't knock on you don't get me wrong staying delux is grand and what u pay for the perks are in the resort, in the luxury, size, ent, pools, ect.

Goofyernmost

I have several additional photos of the same bus, including front & rear.

My question: why did they put the new paint on an old 2001 Nova, when they could have put it on say, Gilig 5821, from late 2012?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4693290563655.2161631.1035751743&type=1&l=18600d5ca5
That's a simple answer...the older ones needed a paint job, the newer ones didn't yet. It's not a cheap thing to completely change the color design of a bus. You start with the ones that need it the most and work your way to the new ones. It will probably be a couple of years, if not more, before they are all changed over.

Goofyernmost

I have driven Articulated (bendy) buses for a living and in my opinion and that of a lot of the industry, they are as maneuverable, if not more, then a standard straight body bus. It is one of the selling points, other than holds more people.

I have to believe that the reason that you don't see them at Disney right now is that they designed their loading docks for straight bodied, shorter buses. They have to be able to get both sections up close to the curbs for easy, safe boarding and deboarding. With the limited parking space they cannot get the rear section in close enough to work. If you see them start to redo the bus stops and make them larger, that will be the clue that the "bendy" buses are on the way.

Rasvar

I personally like the updated color scheme. It gives the buses a sleek, modern look that was lacking from the previous design. Dare I say the old design and enormous font style was a bit obnoxious? I preferred the late 80s and early 90s look (below) to the previous design, to be perfectly honest.
Disney_Transport_Bus,_Early_1980s_%282789308761%29.jpg

Ha! That is an old bus I can say for certainty that I rode on. The infamous school bus stop signed buses that were used in the Ft Wilderness internal routes for a long time. That was probably one of the first million miler buses too.

flavious27

4022436916_83b9c71e84_z.jpg

New-DIsney-Bus-Color-525x348.jpg

A smaller and updated logo is fine, but the color scheme on the rest of the bus just doesn't look flow. They should have just had it that shade of gray and not added the accents.

invader

The logo looks a lot like the Disney Store logo which I absolutely despise. I also agree it should just be one color.

Dasnowz

I have driven Articulated (bendy) buses for a living and in my opinion and that of a lot of the industry, they are as maneuverable, if not more, then a standard straight body bus. It is one of the selling points, other than holds more people.

I have to believe that the reason that you don't see them at Disney right now is that they designed their loading docks for straight bodied, shorter buses. They have to be able to get both sections up close to the curbs for easy, safe boarding and deboarding. With the limited parking space they cannot get the rear section in close enough to work. If you see them start to redo the bus stops and make them larger, that will be the clue that the "bendy" buses are on the way.

Lynx had a articulated bus on property doing tests within the last 72 hours. They are coming REALLY soon. Between 4 and 6 are on order. Rumor is lynx may even be the one running them. I cannot say more. Next time they are on property running tests I will try to get pictures if I am in the right location to do so. The plan is to build a separate area for them by the magic kingdom bus loading in the big open unused area. not sure what the planed limited routes for them will be.

And no I am not a bus driver starting a rumor. I do not work in the bus department in any way. I don't have all the details just that it is going forward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom