New dining location - 'The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge' opens next week at the Studios

Bryner84

Who eats lunch any more anyway? Disney prefers:

8 am: Counter service breakfast or character meal

11 am: snack credit

2 pm: snack credit

5 pm: sit down dinner or counter service with Little Debbie-quality carrot cake

You can hate on the carrot cake all you want but start dissing my miniature tub of trashy awesomeness that is the Disney chocolate cake and we might have problems.:) Inventive? No. Overpriced? Of course. Delicious? You bet your sweet snack credit it is! :hungry:

WDWFan_Boston

Great idea, but let's not stop there. How about these tasty ideas:

The Be Our Guest Lounge: Enjoy a plate of pommes frites while lounging atop of the faux rockwork
The Coral Reef Lounge: Sample bite size portions of your favorite seafood dishes while swimming with fishes...literally!

For the record, I think the BD lounge is a great idea ;)

MickeyPeace

I just ate at the Brown Derby and I can't figure out where this patio is that is going to be converted. Is it the front walkway with the awning? Anyone know or have a pic of it?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I just ate at the Brown Derby and I can't figure out where this patio is that is going to be converted. Is it the front walkway with the awning? Anyone know or have a pic of it?
I was wondering the same thing. Do they have and outdoor seating area ?

ETA - I found this picture -

Brown-Derby-Entry.jpg

tirian

Why so? Because it results in a "dumbing down" of the menu? Or are there other negatives? (I'm just curious -- I never ate in a restaurant at WDW in the years prior to the introduction of the dining plan, so I have no basis for comparison.)
In addition to what others have already said, I'll add the prices were more reasonable and it was easier to get a table prior to the DDP.

Rob562

That is Starring Rolls behind it.

No, there are 8 tables with umbrellas in a straight line across the front of the building that fall under the Brown Derby's control. Starring Roll's tables are around the corner (out of view of the photo), clumped in a courtyard.

If you go to Google Maps on the link that englanddg provided and turn off the 45-degree view option, you can see the layout.

-Rob

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Upon first reading the headline, a very small voice in the back of my head said as loud as it could, "The Catwalk Bar is coming back." I then read the full copy and was sad that the little voice was wrong, but hopeful that this will be a good new addition.

Rob562

Upon first reading the headline, a very small voice in the back of my head said as loud as it could, "The Catwalk Bar is coming back." I then read the full copy and was sad that the little voice was wrong, but hopeful that this will be a good new addition.

You're not the only one who had that thought...

-Rob

MickeyPeace

No, there are 8 tables with umbrellas in a straight line across the front of the building that fall under the Brown Derby's control. Starring Roll's tables are around the corner (out of view of the photo), clumped in a courtyard.

If you go to Google Maps on the link that englanddg provided and turn off the 45-degree view option, you can see the layout.

-Rob
Thanks I couldn't get the link to load. I never noticed the 8 tables. Are they currently accessible from the dining room or from the street? If from the street, they are just for guests to relax or is part of table service?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thanks I couldn't get the link to load. I never noticed the 8 tables. Are they currently accessible from the dining room or from the street? If from the street, they are just for guests to relax or is part of table service?
They are to the left of the "entrance"...near the restrooms (outside). Before becoming an eatery, they were the smoking section outside the restaurant.

MickeyPeace

They are to the left of the "entrance"...near the restrooms (outside). Before becoming an eatery, they were the smoking section outside the restaurant.
Thanks I have never noticed them before. But then I just returned from an 11 day trip and then realized when I got home that there was a new Pirates attraction in HS that I completely did not notice or remember to do.
So either it's my mind failing, poor design of the park or a combo of both.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thanks I have never noticed them before. But then I just returned from an 11 day trip and then realized when I got home that there was a new Pirates attraction in HS that I completely did not notice or remember to do.
So either it's my mind failing, poor design of the park or a combo of both.
Hah, well, the Pirates attraction is really well hidden (just like the previous resident, Lion Witch and the Wardrobe). The only reason I knew about it was that I got stuck there in a rainstorm a few years back and had a rather interesting conversation with an off-duty Monorail driver and his wife.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom