1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

New DDP and room charge tracking features in MDE app

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by Rob562, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Mr Ferret 88

Mr Ferret 88 Situational swearer Premium Member

I let the butler have the poly ones as i didn't like the new bungalows (poor aircon)

nickys, Tuvalu and Master Yoda like this.
  2. Raineman

Raineman Well-Known Member

We will be making sure we keep our receipts for each TS meal we have under the DDP, and checking the MDE app, so we can see our dining credit usage from now on. We actually got double charged for dining credits at Yak & Yeti during our last trip, and we didn't notice until our last TS ADR of our trip, when it was charged to our credit card. We were able to sort it out at the concierge desk at our resort before we left, but if we had taken a good look at the receipt at Y&Y, we would have noticed it right away.

3. cosmicgirl

cosmicgirl Active Member

I wonder if you're also able to see a history of where you spent the dining credits. The counter is definitely a step forward, but unless you can see the history it wouldn't help you to figure out what went wrong if things don't add up. The only other way to check for errors would be to check the app after every single use, which would be more trouble than checking the receipt that was just given to you.

DreamalittleDisney likes this.
  4. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh. I must be, like, 12, because even though I know that POS stands for "point of service" in this context, I can't stop giggling like Beavis and Butthead when I read this stuff. Nor do I think it will get any less funny, no matter what restaurant or store name precedes it or how many times I see it in MDE...

[​IMG]

5. AmandaS.

AmandaS. Member

It can also mean Point of Sale, when I worked at Target I always giggled when they called the register the POS machine.

Weather_Lady and jaklgreen like this.
  6. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

I think yours is the correct meaning here, too. I just googled "point of service" and I don't think it's a thing, whereas "point of sale" certainly is. Must have gotten my terminology confused while I was busy being childish... :)

Rsj88, AmandaS. and jaklgreen like this.
  7. SL79

SL79 New Member

I've checked in online but the view charges option still isn't showing in the app...

8. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

Well some do think that Starbucks isn't all that anyway LOL ;)

Weather_Lady likes this.