New costume for Star Tours

Mansion Butler

Why not just have recognizable costumes from the movies, such as Storm troopers, rebel uniforms, heck even an ewok or two? I'm serious, why look to make a generic, "this is an otherworldly fashion", uniform?
I've often thought sort of Han Solo's outfit would work for cast members. It's functional, recognizably Star Wars, yet also something people outside of just the specific character would be wearing. It would especially fit for people working in a spaceport to be wearing something similar to what a pilot wears.

But whatever. Not sure what the girls would wear, maybe a female version of the same look.

A stormtrooper costume would be trying too hard, though. It would be too much "THIS IS STAR WARS" instead of what would fit with the setting. Why would stormtroopers be operating the terminal in a spaceport? And then a Rebel flight suit would be even worse. Why would a Rebel be operating the terminal in a spaceport in (I assume) Imperial space?

Mansion Butler

Yup, CPs have a different process.
I was lucky on my CP. When I showed up for the assignment day, they didn't have a roll assigned to me. After I panicked, I was told "no, that's a good thing, you get to pick!" So I picked Adventureland attractions (but ended up in Liberty Square, much to my enjoyment).

Edeyore

Then again, I do not like it when Star Tours Cast Members wear a lightsaber, they are not Jedi.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? Maybe they attended "Jedi Academy" during the Star Wars weekends.

devoy1701

I've often thought sort of Han Solo's outfit would work for cast members. It's functional, recognizably Star Wars, yet also something people outside of just the specific character would be wearing. It would especially fit for people working in a spaceport to be wearing something similar to what a pilot wears.

But whatever. Not sure what the girls would wear, maybe a female version of the same look.

A stormtrooper costume would be trying too hard, though. It would be too much "THIS IS STAR WARS" instead of what would fit with the setting. Why would stormtroopers be operating the terminal in a spaceport? And then a Rebel flight suit would be even worse. Why would a Rebel be operating the terminal in a spaceport in (I assume) Imperial space?

I don't think having 25 people wearing Han's outfit would make sense. Maybe those rebel outfits that look similar (except with kacki pants) from the begining of "A New Hope" could work. They wouldn't have to wear the helmet though!

Edeyore

Now that would be a cool look. Nice idea!

cynic710

well, in reference to the newer trilogy, the look sort of complies with what "citizens" were wearing in the major city scenes. But i do agree, the light sabers need to go.

flavious27

Hey guys, a friend of mine sent me these...Guess they are all over the hub. Its the new look for the attraction host/hostess at Star Tours... Thought you folks would enjoy!

StarTours_SketchPROPERTYTAG_Host.jpg
StarTours_SketchPROPERTYTAG_Hostess.jpg

That male uniform looks strangely familiar:

a13.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't get all the hate for the old costumes...

They were throwbacks to the flight suits as seen in EpIV

The mixed orange/blue wasn't as great.. but the jumpsuit was cool.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
How the heck did this thread turn into a weight discussion. How about we keep on track of the actual subject?

jakeman

How the heck did this thread turn into a weight discussion. How about we keep on track of the actual subject?
Apologies Steve.

Back on subject, what I have found interesting about these is that they appear to be a tunic that remains untucked.

Would that be unique? I can't think of any other position where the shirt is not tucked in.

Pioneer Hall

Apologies Steve.

Back on subject, what I have found interesting about these is that they appear to be a tunic that remains untucked.

Would that be unique? I can't think of any other position where the shirt is not tucked in.

Off the top of my head, I believe the Polynesian. Although that is clearly a different style of costume.

RAXIP

Apologies Steve.

Took a quick spin through the costume directory on The Hub and found these:

Magic Kingdom
Adventureland Attractions Enchanted Tiki Room, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse

Epcot
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
Cantina de San Angel
African Outpost
Tangierine Cafe (Hostess only)
Club Cool
Mexico Merchandise

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Africa and Asia Merchandise and Food & Beverage Carts
Tusker House
Flame Tree Barbeque
Yak & Yeti
Dawa Bar
Discovery Island Merchandise

JimboJones123

Wouldn't a Star Tours pilot have a responsibility to challenge rebels that are attacking The Empire. As a legitimate business in The Empire, it might even be a capital offense to help in the destruction of a third... Oh wait... Even in the EU, the third Death Star was never completed.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well now that this thread is actually about the costumes I guess I can comment. When I first looked at these costumes I did not see a Star Wars influence until I looked at an Imperial officers uniform. These costumes definitely resemble this uniform in form at least. A little flair and color have been added which would be consistent with the flight attendant theme.

Admiral_Hart_by_WoodyLWG.jpg

JimboJones123

Took a quick spin through the costume directory on The Hub and found these:

Magic Kingdom
Adventureland Attractions Enchanted Tiki Room, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse

Epcot
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
Cantina de San Angel
African Outpost
Tangierine Cafe (Hostess only)
Club Cool
Mexico Merchandise

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Africa and Asia Merchandise and Food & Beverage Carts
Tusker House
Flame Tree Barbeque
Yak & Yeti
Dawa Bar
Discovery Island Merchandise

The fact that this kind of a post shows up here brightens my day like nothing else. Love this site. Thanks for the post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom