New construction at AK?

DisneyFans!

Original Poster
I hear second-hand that there are construction cranes over by Camp Minnie-Mickey. Anyone been there lately and can confirm their existence? Any ideas on whether more new contruction is slated for AK?

Craig

goofyfan13

DisneyFans! said:
I hear second-hand that there are construction cranes over by Camp Minnie-Mickey. Anyone been there lately and can confirm their existence? Any ideas on whether more new contruction is slated for AK?

Craig

I haven't seen or heard anything recently, but there where cranes there a month or two back putting "leaves" on a cell phone tower in that vicinity. If there is another project going on, we probobly won't know until the press event at E:E next week, or at the opening of E:E. BTW welcome to the boards! :wave:

DisneyFans!

Original Poster
Sounds like cell tower 'leaves' are the culprit. I doubt any equipment from E:E would be stored way over by CMM.

Thanks for the warm welcome goofyfan13!

Craig :wave:

CSUFSteve

Interesting... I've heard about these "disguised" cell towers but never actually seen them. Can they be seen from the bus going to AK?

ISTCrew20

CSUFSteve said:
Interesting... I've heard about these "disguised" cell towers but never actually seen them. Can they be seen from the bus going to AK?

Yep. Infact, that one at Animal Kingdom appears taller than the Tree Of Life. I have no idea if it actually is taller, but it is really tall and it sticks out really bad. I'll post a picture soon.

ISTCrew20

Here is a picture of the Animal Kingdom Tree Tower.

There is also one over by The Grand Floridian.

RADTOWERTREE.jpg

CSUFSteve

ISTCrew20 said:
Here is a picture of the Animal Kingdom Tree Tower.

There is also one over by The Grand Floridian.

Good gawd that's ugly! But yes, some camoflauge is better than none. Any actually inside the parks? i.e. Cindy's castle has gear inside it, etc.

DisneyFans!

Original Poster
Wasn't there a rumour that Cinderella's Castle had all manner of communication's gear in the spires? Or am I just getting paranoid now?
:lookaroun
Maybe they're reading our minds from secret spots up and down Main Street USA! Is that why the Mickey Ear hats look so much like satellite dishes?? Coincidence? I think not! And why is that music always playing?? What subliminal messages are hidden in there?! "Gift shop...go to the giiiiiift shop"

It's been a loooong day :lol:

SpenceMan01

DisneyFans! said:
Wasn't there a rumour that Cinderella's Castle had all manner of communication's gear in the spires? Or am I just getting paranoid now?

No. The spires of the castle house the missiles of course! :D

I do have to admit that the one over by AK is ugly, though I didn't notice it when I was there in January... I don't think I even knew it was there at the time.

KumbaRider

It should be done. Service is much better in the four parks now though. They're not that bad though, especially since the average guest wouldn't know or care what they are....that is, if they even see them.

sillyspook13

ISTCrew20 said:
Yep. Infact, that one at Animal Kingdom appears taller than the Tree Of Life. I have no idea if it actually is taller, but it is really tall and it sticks out really bad. I'll post a picture soon.
I'm convinced it's the "ugly tree" that so many people are said to have fallen out of.... :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom