New Concept for a Disney Theme Park

The90skid

Original Poster
Hey guys and gals! Long time lurker, first time new thread! I have a concept for a disney theme park that I wanted to post here to let the more experienced members build on. This is all just conceptual, so feel free to input as many ideas as you can!

I don't have a clever name for it, but the idea is a Disney Theme Park that lets the guests travel through time. The park would either have a linear or circular layout. The lands throughout the park are different periods of time, so for instance, you start in the 1920's land, then move on to the 1940's land, then the 1950's land, etc. This park would be way more unique for disney in that it could rely on their large library of live action IPs.

I would want the park to have immersive theming so that when you are in 1960's land, you legitimately feel like you were transported to the 1960's. I would want cast members to walk around as if they are regular people from that era, interacting with the guests with dialogue that people would have used during that time period.

Oh, and my original idea was for this park to be based on American history through the 1900's, but, again, this is just a concept. Any feedback? Feel free to take this idea and improve it! Thanks in advance!

orlando678-

Its a good idea but I think if Disney builds a time based theme park , they should think of Prehistoric ages, Greek Empire, Roman Empire, Egyptian Empire, Middle Ages, Renaissance, Industrialization and the future.

The90skid

Original Poster
Its a good idea but I think if Disney builds a time based theme park , they should think of Prehistoric ages, Greek Empire, Roman Empire, Egyptian Empire, Middle Ages, Renaissance, Industrialization and the future.
I thought about that, but I wanted the focus to be more modern history, not ancient. Just a personal preference though; I think the inspiration for this concept was a park based on areas like Main Street USA. But a park like you are talking about would be equally amazing!

The90skid

Original Poster
So after some thinking, what about 5 "times" in American history?

The turn of the century through WWI
The roaring twenties through the great depression
WWII through the 1950's
The 1960's - 1970's
1980's - 2000's

The last gap is pretty large, but I think it will be ok since it is most recent. More people would be interested in the first few "lands" (at least I would be, lol). You could also design the park with expansion in mind so that as time progresses, the park can expand. The problem with tomorrowland was that tomorrow eventually becomes today. This park completely solves the problems with Tomorrowland because it relies on the past!

Perhaps expansion into modern times could be limited by, say, a decade gap? For example, if the park existed today, it would only go up to the year 2005.

Possible names for the park that I have thought of:
The Time Capsule
The Timeline (if the park was linear)
The Lands of Yesterday
Decades of Dreams

Sam Magic

Reminds me of a Disneys America concept I had a few years back. Basically you would start in the 1700s and work you way around not just the country but also different time period. For example; Antebellum New Orleans, 1920-1930s Hollywood, Post War NYC, 1970s San Francisco, Atlanta 1990s, and then end in sort of a Future America section.

The90skid

Original Poster
Reminds me of a Disneys America concept I had a few years back. Basically you would start in the 1700s and work you way around not just the country but also different time period. For example; Antebellum New Orleans, 1920-1930s Hollywood, Post War NYC, 1970s San Francisco, Atlanta 1990s, and then end in sort of a Future America section.
I always loved the idea behind the America parks, so there is probably some inspiration from them as well!

The90skid

Original Poster
Another possibility would be to limit the park to the twentieth century and just expand attractions for the different decades. This may be more feasible and realistic than a continuously expanding park.

Sam Magic

So I would say for this one we could do a circular pattern...similar to WS. In the center or entrance could be Revolutionary America...ala Williamsburg. Then on one side would be the odd decades and the other the evens. On the odd decade side you could have five or six decades and the same for the evens. These lands would then culminate in the larger land of Future America. This could be similar to Future World, but instead provide a hope for what America can become.

The90skid

Original Poster
So I would say for this one we could do a circular pattern...similar to WS. In the center or entrance could be Revolutionary America...ala Williamsburg. Then on one side would be the odd decades and the other the evens. On the odd decade side you could have five or six decades and the same for the evens. These lands would then culminate in the larger land of Future America. This could be similar to Future World, but instead provide a hope for what America can become.
I like that! It is a little more ambitious than what i had in mind though, and your idea is more reminiscent of the America parks. As soon as I get enough ideas, I may attempt creating a walkthrough of the park. One of my other goals with this park was to create entirely new attractions, so if you or anyone else has some attraction concepts that may fit the theme, let me know!

Sam Magic

I like that! It is a little more ambitious than what i had in mind though, and your idea is more reminiscent of the America parks. As soon as I get enough ideas, I may attempt creating a walkthrough of the park. One of my other goals with this park was to create entirely new attractions, so if you or anyone else has some attraction concepts that may fit the theme, let me know!
Well it depends on what you're thinking...if you want a World History Park then I would retro fit Epcot and divide World Showcase up into five continents and show them in different time periods...or the periods they are most know for.

If you want just a timeline styled park...well that's interesting...you could pick a start point and just go..regardless of country.

The90skid

Original Poster
Personally, I am feeling more of a timeline for this park. I am leaning more towards twentieth century America; a century where so much changed in the United States, from culture, technology, and society. Some change for better, some for worse (but we will focus on the better since it is a theme park lol)

The90skid

Original Poster
In that case I think what you're proposing could easily be done. Reminds me of Pop Century.
That is what I like about it, it is a simple idea. And that it is a timeless concept by nature; a throwback nostalgic look to our past where we enjoy all of the good things that we have accomplished. I don't want to ignore the bad things, I would like to display some of the dark times (wars, the depression, etc.), but these will definitely not be the driver for the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom