New challenges posting URLs?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've noticed recently that whenever I paste a URL - it's automatically being displayed as blue text, and is formated with URL tags as soon as it's pasted in. This has the negative impact that if I were to manually put IMG tags around the text.. the IMG tag does not work. Also of interest, is if you highlight the text and click the eraser button to remove the URL formating.. it does not work -- nothing changes.

I don't recall having such problems pasting URLs before.. has there been any changes lately? Am I the only one?

I'm using chrome on win7 for the browser.

The only way I can clean this up right now is to use the non-WYSIWYG editor to remove the tags after pasting.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I cant reproduce that on Chrome on OSX, will try on Windows 7.

If you are adding an image, try using the image button on the editor tool bar, rather than manually adding in the img tags.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm running Chrome, too. You should have "Paste as plain text" in the context menu, or use Ctrl+Shift+V.
Highlight the URL and hit the break link button.

Kudos to both of you! both methods work... tho I'm not sure why the eraser doesn't work.. but those are both excellent suggestions. Thank you

I cant reproduce that on Chrome on OSX, will try on Windows 7.

If you are adding an image, try using the image button on the editor tool bar, rather than manually adding in the img tags.

Based on the method offered by Cosmic... I suppose this is due to a chrome 'feature' that chrome isn't pasting straight text when copying from it's address bar and the editor is picking up on and formatting on the fly.

I've always been a keyboard guy.. so I rarely use the editor icons. Maybe time for retraining tho :/

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Kudos to both of you! both methods work... tho I'm not sure why the eraser doesn't work.. but those are both excellent suggestions. Thank you

Based on the method offered by Cosmic... I suppose this is due to a chrome 'feature' that chrome isn't pasting straight text when copying from it's address bar and the editor is picking up on and formatting on the fly.

I've always been a keyboard guy.. so I rarely use the editor icons. Maybe time for retraining tho :/
The eraser removes formatting. Most programs see formatting as color, font, bold, etc. The hyperlink property is typically not included in formatting so you can remove or reset the text appearance without breaking the link.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom