New Center Stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios

roj2323

Closest thing to opening day? Says its 1990

article-2543873-1ADE974D00000578-855_964x575.jpg

Looks like they had more cast parking when the park opened than they do now. It also looks like they reconfigured the parking lots. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Looks like they had more cast parking when the park opened than they do now. It also looks like they reconfigured the parking lots. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
Parking has changed radically.

Guest parking has doubled, backstage got a parking garage.

roj2323

This photo shows why the hat had to go. The stage combined with the footprint of the hat just took up way too much room and limited crowd space during shows. It also shows that the stage even if they use the same temporary one they've been using for years isn't as overwhelmingly large as some would make it out to be and you would still have a decent view of the theater.

dsc08437.jpg

Bolt

This photo shows why the hat had to go. The stage combined with the footprint of the hat just took up way too much room and limited crowd space during shows. It also shows that the stage even if they use the same temporary one they've been using for years isn't as overwhelmingly large as some would make it out to be and you would still have a decent view of the theater.

dsc08437.jpg
And more people will be able to watch the nighttime shows for SWW and Frozen at least. Always felt way too cramp.

Brian

dsc08437.jpg

Wow, double theatre blockage.

matt9112

There used to be a lot more on that stage. Without all the garbage in the center of FW, the fountain is the focal point, and the stage was used for various shows throughout the day.

Isn't that where all the cast members wave good bye at night too.

hpyhnt 1000

Isn't that where all the cast members wave good bye at night too.

It is, though hardly a reason to keep the stage around.

How about we demolish the Epcot fountain stage, restore the Fountain of Nations to its original glory, install an unobtrusive 2 foot high platform stage at DHS surrounded by palm trees and flowers, and use the old DHS temporary stage at Epcot for Christmas and NYE?

Problems solved. You're welcome Disney.

Sage of Time

It is, though hardly a reason to keep the stage around.

How about we demolish the Epcot fountain stage, restore the Fountain of Nations to its original glory, install an unobtrusive 2 foot high platform stage at DHS surrounded by palm trees and flowers, and use the old DHS temporary stage at Epcot for Christmas and NYE?

Problems solved. You're welcome Disney.
And have that terrible temporary/tent/massive visual blockade in EPCOT? No thanks.

hpyhnt 1000

And have that terrible temporary/tent/massive visual blockade in EPCOT? No thanks.

I'd prefer to have something different as well, but we all know how Disney likes to reuse things (I'm looking at you, old Toontown circus tents). Plus, the pencil pushers like when things are reused, so I thought I would appeal to them.

Besides, yes it would be annoying for 1.5 months, but for the other 10.5 months, there would be just a glorious view of the fountain and SSE sans any stage.

Bocabear

It would be lovely to see the Fountain Of Nations actually redone with newer technology, lower the structure and make a more engaging show...and move the stage out of the central axis... Same thing at the studios... Move the stage out of the central axis view

Sage of Time

I'd prefer to have something different as well, but we all know how Disney likes to reuse things (I'm looking at you, old Toontown circus tents). Plus, the pencil pushers like when things are reused, so I thought I would appeal to them.

Besides, yes it would be annoying for 1.5 months, but for the other 10.5 months, there would be just a glorious view of the fountain and SSE sans any stage.
I take your point, but I'd rather have two restartable stages built at the same time and actually fit the parks they are in.

GetAPaperBag

dsc08437.jpg

Plenty of room. Cut down all those stupid trees ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom