New Center Stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

With the removal of the hat, this thread will serve as the go-to location for news and developments surrounding the new stage area in whatever form that may take.

Latest development on this is:
PHOTO - New Disney's Hollywood Studios guide map updated with Center Stage addition
If they want to build a permanent stage, this may prevent the extension of Frozen Summer into the fall this year, since I would imagine they would need at least a few months to do this and would want it done by NYE. We will probably get the same temporary stage for SWW and Frozen Summer.

ToTBellHop

We get an awesome view of the theater only to be blocked by an ugly stage.
As long as the permanent stage looks good, I can tolerate one more year of the temp one. They don't really have enough time to build a nice one before SWW and they need a stage, so it's the only option. It'll still look nicer on Hollywood Blvd. this summer than last.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I can just see Disney executives now, logging in every morning, looking at the BAH removal thread, and manically laughing.
"Oh, you suckers think you're getting your beautiful view back! HAHAHA! Just wait until you see the stage we build next! It'll be big enough to block the sun! MUHAHAHAHA"

halltd

From the construction photos, it doesn't look like they're prepping for a permanent stage right now. It looks like they're just fixing the concrete and planters, etc... to make the area presentable and usable. I think a longer term project is in the works as part of what Iger said was "substantial work" to be done. If they really were doing something permanent, I highly doubt they would have left the old planter walls, railings, light poles, etc...

To me, the label of "center stage" is just meant as a marker going along with the marketing tag line in the map that also says "where action takes center stage".

wogwog

imagineer boy

I can just see Disney executives now, logging in every morning, looking at the BAH removal thread, and manically laughing.
"Oh, you suckers think you're getting your beautiful view back! HAHAHA! Just wait until you see the stage we build next! It'll be big enough to block the sun! MUHAHAHAHA"

Then we will complain in the shade!

It the stage is anything like the castle forecourt stage then I will be all for it. But if its anything like the big ugly dance party stage that even blocked out the BAH that was once there then I will not be a happy camper.

AgeEight-E

Bottom line, if this stage ends up being low-profile—only a few feet tall, leaving the view of the Chinese Theater intact—it's fine.

The stage will need lighting I imagine, but perhaps they could have extendable light stanchions that lower when the stage is not in use. ...Or, perhaps they could build some cleverly hidden lighting into the theater itself?

dman1373

Look at the stage in magic kingdom.......it doesnt take away from the castle......it almost adds to it.......so I assume the same would be for this......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom