New Castaway Club Gift

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Tammy, where is the tour (I think the ship will be in NY by then??)
When did you get notified you could go?
And Chuck Elias, who is Mr. Holz??
I submitted a request for a Media Pass a month ago and haven't heard anything yet. I wonder if it's time to start crying :-(

Yes! New York City on the 29th. I can't wait just to see it in the harbor there!

Mr. Holz is the president of Disney Cruise Line.

I hope you get to go!!

RiccardoVasquez

If you receive a Castaway Club Gift, does everyone in your party receive the silver lanyard or is only one lanyard included in the gift package? We did a Dream B2B in January and we received the gift each cruise. Honestly, there is only so many bags that you need!!! I am grateful for the gifts but I have tons already!!! After drying off, younger children will be able to enter coloring contests, decorate Christmas gifts or just play games or read a book at Camp Castaway.

-Rick

pcarathers

curious??? we just booked our first ever Disney Cruise for May 2013....we read about the castaway club but have not seen anything about gifts.....what do they usually give and does everyone in the room get one or is it just 1 gift per room??? there are 2 separate parties in 1 room going on this cruise...just curious>>>>>>>thanks!

sweetpee_1993

curious??? we just booked our first ever Disney Cruise for May 2013....we read about the castaway club but have not seen anything about gifts.....what do they usually give and does everyone in the room get one or is it just 1 gift per room??? there are 2 separate parties in 1 room going on this cruise...just curious>>>>>>>thanks!

You won't get the CC gifts on your first cruise because technically you aren't a CC member until you complete your first cruise. It's 1 gift per CC member's room, I think. I can't remember exactly what the silver level gift is. It's an embroidered bag of some sort but I'm a little fuzzy on what was with it. A keychain maybe. I think some crackers or something, too. You will receive your first CC member gift when you get to your stateroom on your 2nd cruise. I'm pretty sure we were handed our silver lanyards when we checked in at the port for our second cruise. It's 1 lanyard per member. Seems like that's when we got them. We didn't use them, tho. Not sure I even kept them. ;)

***edit***
I looked back at the first post. Duh. It is an embroidered bag, keychain, and crackers. It's fuzzy to me because I wasn't sure what was CC member gifts vs. cool stuff they leave you in the suites. LOL!

ChuckElias

I'm pretty sure we were handed our silver lanyards when we checked in at the port for our second cruise. It's 1 lanyard per member. Seems like that's when we got them. We didn't use them, tho. Not sure I even kept them. ;)
You didn't. . . wait. What? You didn't . . . save. . . I must be misunderstanding what you mean. You didn't keep the lanyards?

DSCN4536.jpg

Phonedave

I don't have them on a rack like you do, but I still have a bunch of them as well.

My first CC gift was a bag, my second CC gift was a differet bag - one of them came with some metal water bottles too.

Somtimes I get DVC gifts on the cruise as well. There is always a "welcome home" nautical magnet on the stateroom door at least.

-dave

sweetpee_1993

You didn't. . . wait. What? You didn't . . . save. . . I must be misunderstanding what you mean. You didn't keep the lanyards?

DSCN4536.jpg

I'm not sure. I *may* have kept them. LOL! We got cool lanyards from KK plus I bought the boys the lanyard wallets to use. I don't wear a lanyard, not even my 2 lanyards full of pins. I have soooooo much stuff, Chuck! Boxes full of trinkets, printed materials, keepsakes, etc. that just sit in storage now that we moved to a smaller place. I had to purge a lot of junk when we were packing up in May & June. I even have a whole box of scrapbooking stuff I've never used...spent gobs of money for more stuff to store. If the lanyards made it back with us I can't guarantee they made it thru the big purge. I'd have to go look in the box of cruise stuff...

bunnyman

I've actually given a few away to first time cruisers so they would feel a little cooler :)

Ah, people like you should be complimented. Did first DCL recently and a Platinum/DVC colleague of mine gave us a whole bunch of stuff before we left. I think our party looked like we had some Platinum cruisers, some Gold cruisers, some DVC cruisers, and I’m sure some other types of lanyards. Yes, it did make the kids feel important!!

Tiggerfanatic

You won't get the CC gifts on your first cruise because technically you aren't a CC member until you complete your first cruise. It's 1 gift per CC member's room, I think. I can't remember exactly what the silver level gift is. It's an embroidered bag of some sort but I'm a little fuzzy on what was with it. A keychain maybe. I think some crackers or something, too. You will receive your first CC member gift when you get to your stateroom on your 2nd cruise. I'm pretty sure we were handed our silver lanyards when we checked in at the port for our second cruise. It's 1 lanyard per member. Seems like that's when we got them. We didn't use them, tho. Not sure I even kept them. ;)

***edit***
I looked back at the first post. Duh. It is an embroidered bag, keychain, and crackers. It's fuzzy to me because I wasn't sure what was CC member gifts vs. cool stuff they leave you in the suites. LOL!
So does this mean when we board for our 2nd Annual Disney Dreams Girls' cruise we will be the receipients of some of this really cool stuff? (Just looking ahead!!;))

sweetpee_1993

So does this mean when we board for our 2nd Annual Disney Dreams Girls' cruise we will be the receipients of some of this really cool stuff? (Just looking ahead!!;))

Whoever is in my stateroom can duke it out for my gifts on the 1st Dream Girls voyage. LOL! 2nd go around will be 1 gift per stateroom so if you have more than 1 CC member in your room you'll have to flip for it or draw straws. I will be kind enough to offer my ref skills for a wrestling, boxing, or MMA match as well. LOL!

jme

I'm hearing reports that new CC gift bags are being handed out on recent Dream/Fantasy sailings... a white tote with rope handles. Some people have complaints of them breaking though... any recent cruisers have a picture?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom