New Bon Voyage Breakfast character dining coming to Trattoria al Forno

Ryan H. Serowinski

BTW, and sorry for the bump in this thread, but this new character breakfast started today ;) the royal guests don't autograph(sadly), but hand out (unneeded) pre-signed cards(honestly they need to stop with these right away), but I heard the food is supposed to be decent to good, and all guests get an adventure journal, and some get a Pascal light up thing.

Kman101

The usual suspects were all out in full force to review it ... lol. I have to wonder what they actually think of "having" to cover these kind of things. I imagine meals are comped?

Rteetz

BTW, and sorry for the bump in this thread, but this new character breakfast started today ;) the royal guests don't autograph(sadly), but hand out (unneeded) pre-signed cards(honestly they need to stop with these right away), but I heard the food is supposed to be decent to good, and all guests get an adventure journal, and some get a Pascal light up thing.
Why do they need to stop with the cards? A lot of the non-signing meet and greets give those out. I'd rather have the card than no signature at all at least that's the case if I was a child.

IanDLBZF

the royal guests don't autograph(sadly), but hand out (unneeded) pre-signed cards(honestly they need to stop with these right away)
I agree to an extent.
  • Vanelope & Olaf previously signed at first, but they stopped sometime after and switched to autograph cards - and from what I was told Olaf signed until November (which is when they switched him to autograph cards)
  • Hiro signed at DLR, but they used autograph cards at WDW because of their popularity
  • Baymax doesn't sign anyway
  • Jack Skellington does not sign during MVMCP nor MNSSHP at WDW
  • Pooh and the gang don't sign during MNSSHP or MVMCP because they are incapable of doing so (I think), but sign during normal day to day ops.
  • Nick & Judy didn't sign at MVMCP (they handed out autograph cards), and I think they previously signed at DLR but stopped.
My conclusion is it all depends on popularity.

Last edited:

Ryan H. Serowinski

I agree to an extent.
  • Vanelope & Olaf previously signed at first, but they stopped sometime after and switched to autograph cards
  • Hiro signed at DLR, but they used autograph cards at WDW because of their popularity
  • Baymax doesn't sign anyway
  • Jack Skellington does not sign during MVMCP nor MNSSHP at WDW
  • Pooh and the gang don't sign during MNSSHP or MVMCP because they are incapable of doing so (I think), but sign during normal day to day ops.
  • Nick & Judy didn't sign at MVMCP (they handed out autograph cards), and I think they previously signed at DLR but stopped.
My conclusion is it all depends on popularity.
Sorry about it and very off-topic, It's just not as fun, you see I Love seeing characters signing my autograph book(including the times when i met Sofia and Rapunzel, I got so ecstasy when they signed it), and (I doubt it'll happen)but hope Olaf(though he's a popular one)would go back to Arendelle(leave Celebrity Spotlight)to be replaced by (some of) the citizens of Duckburg(for DXD's rebooted DuckTales), or a magical princess from another dimension(also from DXD), or a lucky rabbit who was Walt's first animated creation(of course, Mickey was the "true" first, since Walt lost the rights to that lucky rabbit for another long time, until Iger brought him back to Disney):happy:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Thanks for the info.

Woot! for decent food. And a Blah for lack of of character signing at a character meal.

While my children are now adults and we have not participated in signings in over a decade it was a big deal to my kids in the wayback time machine. They were intelligent enough to spot a fake autograph as they attended many preseason professional sport camps and games-they would have known the difference.

Me, I paid the inflated price for these meals when they were little to avoid the lines within the parks. What is up next? A preprinted picture of said character and banning photographs too? Wave Hi! and on their way? Oy. Glad my kids were kids during the good 'ole days. :inlove:

drizgirl

I can see handing out the cards if a character is unable to sign, or at a party where lines are crazy long all night. But it's quite silly at a character meal. There are only 4 characters there anyway, so it's not like it's going to be a logistical issue. It's just a way for them to move everyone through faster, which is quite irritating.

drizgirl

Why do they need to stop with the cards? A lot of the non-signing meet and greets give those out. I'd rather have the card than no signature at all at least that's the case if I was a child.

But why does it have to be a card or no signature? Why can't Rapunzel, Flynn, Ariel and Eric sign? Answer? There is no reason. They want to float the characters through fast so you'll pay your check and turn the table over. "Nothing to see here folks. Move along......"

mickeyfan5534

FWIW, they will sign if you ask.

Boardwalk-Trattoria-al-Forno-Bon-Voyage-Character-Breakfast-Flynn-Rider-autograph-2-330x600.jpg

mickeyfan5534

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on Belle and Adam/Beast/Whatever you wanna call that guy replacing Ariel and Eric at some point here. Not as an insider, but because SYNERGY!!!! and MERCH!!!!

Did I do the Spirit thing right? I'm not an insider by any stretch but Beauty and the Beast is on track for a gajillionton dollars so I'm expecting Belle everywhere.

MagicHappens1971

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on Belle and Adam/Beast/Whatever you wanna call that guy replacing Ariel and Eric at some point here. Not as an insider, but because SYNERGY!!!! and MERCH!!!!

Did I do the Spirit thing right? I'm not an insider by any stretch but Beauty and the Beast is on track for a gajillionton dollars so I'm expecting Belle everywhere.
I may be biased because The Little Mermaid is my favorite movie and Ariels my favorite princess, but I think she's just as popular as Belle and I can't see them replacing her and Eric. I'm planning on doing this breakfast just so I can meet Ariel in her dress and Eric.

drizgirl

The breakfast just started. BATB came out 2 weeks ago. If that's what they intended to do, wouldn't they have started with them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom